BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just bought a used 2002 M3, in titanium silver, with: SMG, black leather, sunroof, xenon, harmon kardon. Car has 26000 miles. I got it for $39,500. How did I do? Good deal or no?

I'll try to post some pictures in a bit. Where do you guys host your images?

·
Registered
3 Posts
im not really that familiar with the pricing myself. the good news for you is that all of the '02 m3s listed on cars.com are 50-60 thousand. you got a sweet deal.

·
Mooove, get out the way!
1,115 Posts
Kelly Blue Book list a 2002 manual (not SMG) M3 with 28000 miles on it at $43000 retail from a dealer. Sounds like you got a good deal.

·
Registered
968 Posts
fadegs said:
Hi Guys,

Just bought a used 2002 M3, in titanium silver, with: SMG, black leather, sunroof, xenon, harmon kardon. Car has 26000 miles. I got it for $39,500. How did I do? Good deal or no?

I'll try to post some pictures in a bit. Where do you guys host your images?
Don't be coy!! That's a killer deal as long as there aren't any rods poking out the hood, bongwater in the carpet, or a salvage title.

You carfax it?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, I carfaxed it. It's completely clean.

There are only two issues I'm slightly concerned regarding the sale and the car:

1. I got it from used car dealer called "Gullwing Motorcars" in New York. They said they needed the title to process my temporary plate, and that I'll receive the title by mail in a few days. I have the car in my possession, just not the title yet. Is this how the process of buying from used car dealers usually work? (I've never bought used before).

2. The car lurches violently during first gear. I made a post about this sepreately. I'm not sure if it's an SMG issue or that I'm just not driving it properly.

There's also a small dent on the front bumper; I plan to get it fixed soon, but it shouldn't cost more than 200-300.

Other than that, the car runs great. Even has the new car smell (probably because of the leather).

·
Registered
873 Posts
fadegs said:

There are only two issues I'm slightly concerned regarding the sale and the car:

1. I got it from used car dealer called "Gullwing Motorcars" in New York. They said they needed the title to process my temporary plate, and that I'll receive the title by mail in a few days. I have the car in my possession, just not the title yet. Is this how the process of buying from used car dealers usually work? (I've never bought used before).

2. The car lurches violently during first gear. I made a post about this sepreately. I'm not sure if it's an SMG issue or that I'm just not driving it properly.

There's also a small dent on the front bumper; I plan to get it fixed soon, but it shouldn't cost more than 200-300.

Other than that, the car runs great. Even has the new car smell (probably because of the leather).
you have a 6 year/100,000 mile factory warranty so I'd be sure to take advantage of it at a BMW service center. congrats on the car.

used to be 4 years/50K miles but after the engine problems BMW extended it to 6 years/100K:thumbup:

good luck

·
Registered
395 Posts
fadegs said:

If you car is produced in between 11/01 and 2/02, make sure previous owner did all the recall works.

SMG is one very sensitive tranny, you have to get used to it. You will find right timing someday just like when you first drive a manual..:pimpin: until then it might lurch like a rabbit! lol
Oh, and the thing gets worse when SMG is not warmmed up so make sure you warm up be4 you drive

·
Registered
75 Posts
maynardc said:

you have a 6 year/100,000 mile factory warranty so I'd be sure to take advantage of it at a BMW service center. congrats on the car.

used to be 4 years/50K miles but after the engine problems BMW extended it to 6 years/100K:thumbup:

good luck
Just to be clear the 6/100 is ONLY on engine parts which touch oil, the remainder of the car stays the same.

Vandy

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea, that's the site. They already took off the listing for the M3 on their site. Seems like nice people, but they usually sell older cars. Not many BMWs.

The SMG issue seems to be a problem with me, and not the car, so I'm no longer concerned.

I got tons of plans for future mods...Can't wait!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
PICTURES!

Just found out I could upload pictures to my album. Here are the pictures taken by the dealer. I'll put up my own pictures once I get my digital camera set up.

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,844 Posts
nice :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts