BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Is NOT A Mechanic
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you have seen my ultrasuede trim, and possibly my website promoting my services (click my sig). I am considering offering the following option to M3 owners:

ultrasuede/alcantara trim in color of owners choice, with the tri-color M stripes as part of the panel at the far right on the dash - over the glove compartment door. The stripes would be actual panels of ultrasuede/alcantara, stitched as part of the panel itself, not embroidered on top of the fabric.

This is just an idea right now, I'll try to photoshop my concept if it's unclear.

Would there be interest in something like that?

TIA,

Ken

·
Registered
214 Posts
///M3Matt said:
sounds appealing, a visual would def. help out a lot!!!
I concur! :werd:

·
Registered
483 Posts
im not trying to tell you what to do just advice..... find a person in your area with an m3 and install it on there car for free or at a discount price and then take pictures and have them right up something about your work so people can have a reference point as to what your doing and who you are... just my 2 cents... by the way your trim looks really cool! great idea! thats the exact kind of mod that can set your car apart from others thumbs up

·
Is NOT A Mechanic
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
323iguy said:
im not trying to tell you what to do just advice..... find a person in your area with an m3 and install it on there car for free or at a discount price and then take pictures and have them right up something about your work so people can have a reference point as to what your doing and who you are... just my 2 cents... by the way your trim looks really cool! great idea! thats the exact kind of mod that can set your car apart from others thumbs up
Thanks! That's a great idea. I will definately work something out with the first M3 that wants to try that look. I'll even offer to replace that piece if they don't like the stripes.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
It seems a little gaudy, maybe something a bit more subtle in the ///M design. I love the suede work you do though, definetely dresses up the interior nicely. Any other suede plans besides the trim?

·
Is NOT A Mechanic
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
misshift said:
It seems a little gaudy, maybe something a bit more subtle in the ///M design. I love the suede work you do though, definetely dresses up the interior nicely. Any other suede plans besides the trim?
The more I look at that pic, the more I agree. The stripes are too wide. I have a couple ideas, I'll try pshopping later.

Thanks for the compliment, misshift. In my car, I have done matching suede boots and center armrest. I'm not planning to offer that service, though, as I don't think the quality is ready for public consumption yet.

I may be doing an entire ceiling liner and A/B/C pillars for someone, as well as a former fanatic's Audi A4.

I have recently finished another fanatic's coupe armrests (in black ultrasuede) - he'll hopefully get some installed pics up soon.

If you're interested in doing the suede trim, or have other ideas you'd like to try, shoot me a pm or email.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts