BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm finally back in the best style BMW...the E46. I have changed my name several times since then but I never left the forums. I decided to start a journal this time since Ive owned several BMW's. I though I'd share it with you guys.

I bought my first BMW 8 years ago, joined this forum and have been hooked ever since. Since then I have owned 3 other BMW's, I absolutely love everything about them and IMO no other car (that i can afford) compares to them overall. I decided to start a journal to track my progress along the way on this car so i hope you guys enjoy.

First car was a...

2000 323ci 5spd
Before:

After:

I absolutely loved that car but it was starting to get up there in miles (100k+) and i felt like i needed some more power as well so I sold her and bought my 2nd BMW...

2004 545i Auto
Before:

After:

The 545i was great and very powerful but after a while it started to feel too big for me (i mainly ride by myself) so I was itching to get back into a coupe.

I started looking around and decided to pull the trigger on a....

2007 335i Auto
Before:

After:

This car was crazy fast, I mainly concentrated on performance mods with this one (JB3, DP's, DCI, BOV)

Sadly, the 335i had a short life because about 2 months ago she was totaled :(.

I looked at it as a positive and decided I would but the car I always drooled over since i bought my first car.
So about a month ago I bought my dream BMW...

2004 M3 Vert 6 spd

I always said if i ever had an M3 it would be a drop-top :)
The car is in mint condition and has very low miles (18k). It has every option except navigation and PDC.

I am very happy with my decision and I smile every time I start the engine. Such a raw and fun car to drive.

Stock dealer photos:

Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics, will do a proper shoot soon.

First things first....had to get rid of those ugly orange reflectors (no offense lol) so i ordered a pair from Khoalty.com, tinted the windows a bit and replaced that very long antenna with a micro 4" version from Bimmian.com

Before:

After:

tint is 35% on sides and rear and 50% on windshield, came out a bit dark on the pics.

More updates to come...

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Beautiful cars you have gone through, and personally I wouldn't do the windshield, but other than that... very, very nice.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Beautiful cars you have gone through, and personally I wouldn't do the windshield, but other than that... very, very nice.
A tinted windshield will result in poor visability at night as a result of reflections.
This was the worst mod In ever made on my Mustang when I had it.
Don't do it

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
18k.. congrats man! looking good!! i want to itch into a couple, too.

dude southpaw. you got an e36 m3? congrats man!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks guys
spent half the day today installing Vogtland springs. 1.4" drop all around. they are still settling so i will take better pics later but for now here is a quick pic.
you can also notice the tinted windshield and the windscreen i picked up from a local member (Steve330ci)

·
Registered
237 Posts
low mileage for sure. Good Luck with the vert!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts