E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have 2a/d/s 10 inch subs powered by a RF bd500 in a custom made sealed box. Considering that the 330's have an almost sealed trunk, will the jl stealthbox, firing directly inside the cabin, going to give me more bass from the same amp?

·
Registered
21 Posts
i was planning to get a subwoofer, deciding between the jl stealthbox and a regular box. do u have fold down seats? cuz one salesman(in one of the most famous car audio shop in toronto) told me he installed a few stealthboxes before. he said if u dont have fold down seats, the jl stealthboxes will sound better than 2 10". but dont expect it will rock your car crazy.

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,902 Posts
go with the the sealed box and remove the rear fill

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
low said:
go with the the sealed box and remove the rear fill
I already have the rear fill out of my car. I was just thinking if I can have the same performance with 2 stealthboxes firing directly inside the car vs. 2 10 inchers in a sealed box.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yes and no.

Volume wise, and for tight bass response, I feel the stealths firing straight into the cabin sound much better than a basic 10" in a sealed box in the trunk that isn't ported into the cabin.

You'd never be able to hit as low frequencies w/ the stealths as a 10". I believe the stealths are great subs from 120hz down to about 70hz. I don't think they sound as good for lower frequencies.

jun said:

I already have the rear fill out of my car. I was just thinking if I can have the same performance with 2 stealthboxes firing directly inside the car vs. 2 10 inchers in a sealed box.

·
Registered
83 Posts
jun said:
I currently have 2a/d/s 10 inch subs powered by a RF bd500 in a custom made sealed box. Considering that the 330's have an almost sealed trunk, will the jl stealthbox, firing directly inside the cabin, going to give me more bass from the same amp?

the stealthboxes sound great! i have it but yet to install it. a friend has his installed two weeks ago. they sound awesome. u hear and feel the low bass. the bass won't shake u crazy like 10s in a suv but it sounds and looks good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts