E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,902 Posts
they wont ship out till april :sad:

·
O.D.
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what about 10w7? those out yet? what if i got 2 of these? just as good as the 8's? and what amp should i get?

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,902 Posts
325i-Vizon said:
what about 10w7? those out yet? what if i got 2 of these? just as good as the 8's? and what amp should i get?
2 10w7s?? thats a whole different story...the 8s are designed for small applications and more so for SQ. while the 10s will give you more output, well...because theyre 10s :D intsead of getting two 10s just get one 12w7. im sure you'll be happy with that. but hey, if you got the cash, spend all you want ;)

·
O.D.
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmm i dunno what to do now....i want good sound quality of the jl 8w7, what does the 10w7 do? does it have that sq of the 8w7? What small 8in subs are there out there that i can get this sound quality?

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,902 Posts
no ones really heard the 8 yet, but im sure it wont sound sh!tty. the 10w7 is also a great sq sub, dont get me wrong there, but it will go lower and get louder than the 8 because it has more surface area.

you can check out the E8A from www.edesignaudio.com those are fairly inexpensive and they can hold their own. and plus you get to run stuff that not everyone and their grandma is running...and plus you get a 3 year warranty...

but back to the 8w7, it really depends what kind of set up you want to run and how much you want to spend...

·
O.D.
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i really dont want to wait til april to get the 8w7's....i really am unsure of what i want now that i think of it... :dunno: lol
but i was trying to get streeteffectz to do a custom enclosure for me, but i dunno how thats gonna work out, i havent ben able to get ahold of them :dunno:

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,902 Posts
try posting on their board or send craig a PM. im sure streeteffectz will work with you...

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,902 Posts
oh and i forgot to mention image dynamics has an 8inch woofer as well. these will give you more flexibility so to say because they come in both dual 2 and 4 ohm configs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts