BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is what's left of my system after selling my amp:

1. JL Audio 12w7 Sub
  2. Plexi Front/Wood box (ported through ski pass)
  3. Wood Panel to go over box

Basically, you need to take out your trunk floor to install this box. a false floor needs to be built where the box doesn't cover (where I had my amp previously). These are before and after pics to give an idea of what the setup is meant to look like. If anybody is interested let me know, thanks!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
took everything out of the trunk so pics are available and i'm ready to send this out today :)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i need to confirm something:

THERE'S NO AMP IN THIS SALE. the last pic is solely to show what the system looked like before i sold the amp.

**** this is what i'm selling:
1. JL Audio 12w7 Subwoofer
2. Enclosure with plexiglass front, ported through ski pass, and neon light
3. Back panel.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Enclosure

Enclosure with rear panel

Enclosure/ Rear Panel/ False Floor

Example of false floor built that has cutout for amp.

Basic diagram

·
Registered
186 Posts
Was this sold yet? Does it fit in a M3? Does a false floor HAVE to be created or can you just count the amp on the carpet behind the box instead of under a false floor?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Was this sold yet? Does it fit in a M3? Does a false floor HAVE to be created or can you just count the amp on the carpet behind the box instead of under a false floor?
the false floor must be created because the enclosure requires your current trunk floor to be taken out. this was in my 323i so i'm not sure if it would fit an m3's trunk. the rear panel may not match up with your trunk's design.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
the false floor must be created because the enclosure requires your current trunk floor to be taken out. this was in my 323i so i'm not sure if it would fit an m3's trunk. the rear panel may not match up with your trunk's design.
would this fit in an X5?
and if so, what amp did you have? model? how much those good for?

Regards,
amazzzin

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
would this fit in an X5?
and if so, what amp did you have? model? how much those good for?

Regards,
amazzzin
the enclosure would fit fine in an x5. however, the back panel wouldn't really serve a purpose because it's made to look more flush in a sedan. The amp was made by alphasonik but i wouldnt recommend it, that's why i sold it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts