E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the differences between the two? I checked JL's webiste, and they clearly have them both listed under the same power handling level. Is the 12 worth the extra money you have to pay for it?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think the difference will be the boominess. I prefer a tight bass, and generally the smaller the sub, the tighter the bass. For example, I would get a few 8s before I got a 16. I'm no expert at this, but I think that's the difference. I have a JL10 in a box with a JL250 feeding it, and it sounds superclean.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yes and no - you can still get tight bass w/ a 12" woofer, but what you're really getting is the ability to play lower frequencies. Depending on your musical preferences, your music might never use that sound range.

Bottlerocket said:
I think the difference will be the boominess. I prefer a tight bass, and generally the smaller the sub, the tighter the bass. For example, I would get a few 8s before I got a 16. I'm no expert at this, but I think that's the difference. I have a JL10 in a box with a JL250 feeding it, and it sounds superclean.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts