E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I would start a thread with pics of my car. Pardon the varying levels of picture quality - some are phone, some point-n-shoot, some DSLR. It isn’t anything too special or over the top, but I love it. I have tried to stick to tasteful mods only to keep it clean…

Bought the car at the end of January 2011. One owner, 67K miles. Here are a couple pics from the original craigslist ad…

It was super clean and I really had no modification plans…

…until I stumbled upon E46Fanatics! I decided to get rid of all the chrome, silver and white. Started off with Orion V2 AE’s, smoked corners, sidemarkers and front bumper reflectors. I also swapped in LED tower bulbs with resistors for the front corners at the same time…

Smoked Eagle Eye LED tails…

Matte black kidneys and 330Ci badge and painted the silver trim pieces on the bumper black…

Got the chrome window trim vinyl-wrapped matte black…

In July I installed a Kicker 1000W amp and a Solobaric L5 12” sub in a box I custom built. The speaker blew a few months later and I replaced it with an L7. It POUNDS….

Blacked out the headlights (Chris Brown)…

In October, a Yukon backed into me ***61516;

----------------------------------------------------
CUSTOMER PAY $ 0.00
INSURANCE PAY $ 5178.07

Since it was going to the shop anyway, I bought this ACS replica-ish lip from Ebay and had them paint and mount…

Black and gray emblems all around…

Got 19” Staggered Gunmetal VMR V710’s in January 2012!

M3 Sides in March 2012!

I need a rear bumper more than anything right now and will probably be going with M Tech II for lack of a better option.

I will update with more pictures as time permits. This doesn’t include everything I’ve done and I am going to start changing up the interior a little a bit soon.

Comments and advice/suggestions are welcome. Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Sorry so many pics but I was tired of having to look all over for the old ones ;)

Here's a more complete list of mods I have done...

20% Tint
Matte black kidneys
Matte black badges
Matte black vinyl wrapped chrome window trim
Matte black front bumper trim
Matte black trunk keyhole (!)
Smoked corners
Smoked sidemarkers
Smoked bumper reflectors
Smoked Eagle Eye LED tails
Orion V2 AE's
LED corners w/resistors
Blacked out high beams, Xenon bezels and headlight shrouds
6000K headlights and HID fogs
Full LED interior
Trunk lip spoiler
Hartge (not AC-S) replica front bumper lip
OEM M3 side skirts
Black and Steel Gray roundels all around
OEM black chrome exhaust tips
19" VMR V710 wrapped in Continental DWS
Kicker DX1000.1 monoblock amp
Kicker Solobaric L7 12" sub in custom box
OEM Aux In
Valentine V1 Radar Hardwired
Thule 753 roof rack w/38" fairing
Thule Atlantis 1600BXT cargo box
3M 1080 Brushed Steel Interior Wrap (in progress)
M Tech II (rep) rear bumper sitting in my garage unpainted...

·
Registered
616 Posts
that sig:drool:

·
Registered
226 Posts
really love it. I am looking into trying one of those ebay lips also, so I'm glad you posted this up. It looks great on your car

·
Registered
421 Posts
After I put in the new engine I think that's the first thing I'll do. Love them. Nice to see another steel grey, there's not many of us steel greys around

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
This gets the Tony approval. Perfect color combination. love it, only thing i would have done was gotten the m3 front instead of that lip but hey its your car.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This gets the Tony approval. Perfect color combination. love it, only thing i would have done was gotten the m3 front instead of that lip but hey its your car.
Everybody and their moms get M3 fronts!! Just stayin unique and not following the herd :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 98 Posts