BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please post pics of Jet Black vs Carbon Black, I want to see if there is a noticeable difference. Thanks !

·
Registered
789 Posts
carbon black has a lil hint of another color in it, jet black is pure black. both are great colors, cb has a lil metallic look to it tho.

·
Registered
707 Posts
look for a thread on the E46 Forum over at DTM. there was a thread about what your favorite colors are and i posted a comparo of carbon black versus jet black. i cant find the pics i used so try over there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a jet black M3 - have seen carbon black in the showroom though and I don't care for it . . . it looks almost dark blue, like something is just a little bit off.

·
Registered
67 Posts
DBX said:
carbon black has a lil hint of another color in it, jet black is pure black. both are great colors, cb has a lil metallic look to it tho.
Originally posted by M3Girl
I have a jet black M3 - have seen carbon black in the showroom though and I don't care for it . . . it looks almost dark blue, like something is just a little bit off.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carbon black has a little metallic look to it because it has metallic in the paint. This is why it has a silverish-blue hue. You won't see the difference between cb and jet black in pics. You'll need to see them in person.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts