E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some dealers tell me not to order Jet Black because it has a tendancy to show more scratches; others tell me that Jet Black is the way to go as it's shine more - any thoughts?

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
any metallic paint will help to not show scratches and swirls but you can still see them on any dark colors metallic or not. jet black will give you a better shine, but not a really big difference.

·
Registered
559 Posts
its true..jet black is the hardest color to maintain and scratches very very easily.

However, jet black to me, is the official color of what makes a bimmer a bimmer :thumbup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes - the Jet Black does look nice. What about the High Gloss Shadow Line - is it better than the Chrome?

·
Big Baller - Shot Caller
359 Posts
JesseM said:
its true..jet black is the hardest color to maintain and scratches very very easily.

However, jet black to me, is the official color of what makes a bimmer a bimmer :thumbup:
Dammmmmm that is a helluva shine.

:sil:

·
Registered
543 Posts
**** them both..orient blue :D

·
Retired
1,320 Posts
JesseM said:

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: thats some serious shine!!

·
The Man
328 Posts
I spent 3 weeks trying to decide between the two and jet black does have a better shine, but on the down side it shows more scratches and is a ***** to maintain. I went with the jet black. I decided this after walking into the certified pre owned section of my dealer ship and find an old bimmer in jet black. the shine was perfect. so i went with the jet black, I made the right choice.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Get Jet Black. I love mine :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts