BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone.im not sure since when i have had it but its kind of noticable now.everytime i come to a stop,i get a small jerk when auto tranny shifts down from 2 to 1.i dont seem to have this problem in manual mode.is this normal and does ayone else have this too?
its a 2003 330i with 83k.i have done mos maintenance including tranny fluid
thank you

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
You probably need your transmission software updated to the latest version. The "downshift clunk" was an issue with some of the older software versions in the EGS unit. A REALLY good indy or the BMW dealer can do this.. although they may want to diagnose first.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same issue (2003 325iT) - took it into my Indy shop and they updated the software - problem solved. I was at 60k miles then so I had them replace the "lifetime" transmission fluid while they were at it...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You probably need your transmission software updated to the latest version. The "downshift clunk" was an issue with some of the older software versions in the EGS unit. A REALLY good indy or the BMW dealer can do this.. although they may want to diagnose first.
I had the same issue (2003 325iT) - took it into my Indy shop and they updated the software - problem solved. I was at 60k miles then so I had them replace the "lifetime" transmission fluid while they were at it...
really relieved its not anything mechanical.that will cost heaps if it was.how much do you think it will cost me to update the software?
thanks for the replies guys

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'd contact Seth at JBEurotech in the Twin Cities (New Brighton).....

http://www.jbeurotech.com/

They updated my DME on my car for $140 and I'd assume they would be able to do the same for your transmission software. No doubt that it would be more expensive at a dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts