BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1761 - 1779 of 1779 Posts

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Why not?

If you were to do the same thing with your 328i, it would always be officially known as a 328i. Furthermore, there would be no obligation to divulge your modifications typically. If you wanted to specifically insure the modifications, you may need to divulge them, but chances are an insurance company will still only give you insurance for a 328i, regardless of what you may have done to it. Other than CA, the state won't care.
I was thinking because of the difference in engines the quote would be higher

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,527 Posts
hadn't seen this before :thumbsup:

·
Registered
200 Posts
So it seems he spent a lot of time and effort modding the rear of the car and from what I can tell, it was just to use m3 rear end parts. Would it not have just been simpler ( and a more true sedan) to use sedan parts like the lights and trunk? Obviously you need the fatter fenders, but a whole rear quarter panel wouldn't be needed, and part would fit a lot easier back there.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
So it seems he spent a lot of time and effort modding the rear of the car and from what I can tell, it was just to use m3 rear end parts. Would it not have just been simpler ( and a more true sedan) to use sedan parts like the lights and trunk? Obviously you need the fatter fenders, but a whole rear quarter panel wouldn't be needed, and part would fit a lot easier back there.
I honestly think changing the tail was unnecessary. But I can dig it at the same time. In my M3 conversion I did not modify any of rear light section just the bumper, fenders... I thought it came out great. Jeppe's car is truly remarkable though, he did it all inside and out.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I honestly think changing the tail was unnecessary. But I can dig it at the same time. In my M3 conversion I did not modify any of rear light section just the bumper, fenders... I thought it came out great. Jeppe's car is truly remarkable though, he did it all inside and out.
Hey yes, we were talking a while back about your car. I was reading how you did your rear fenders. Sound much easier and cost effective. Any chance you could post some shots of it?

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
1761 - 1779 of 1779 Posts