BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1779 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Finally im going to start on my M3 sedan project. I have been on this forum for a while now getting inspiration from all the great cars here. And now im ready for my own project car.

Here is the donor car, a 2002 BMW M3 SMG:

Bought it in germany a couple of weeks ago.

And the project car, a 1998 318i:

The owner of this car had recently done a full respray and changed a lot of parts on the car. He got a bit strange when I told him I was going to rip it all apart...:craig:

Im going to use as many parts from the M3 as possible, interior, suspension, engine, gearboks.. and its going to have original M3 fenders front and back. The back fenders is going to be a challenge, but I hope the front fenders will go straight on. Anyone know?

Here is a quick photoshop of what the car may look like:

(hope the owners dosen't mind)

Im planning on putting a ESS CFR 550 supercharger kit on it, but im also looking at the HPF kit. But first I have a lot of work to do...:yikes:

Now you may think, why destroy a perfectly fine M3? Well, I live in Norway and the tax on cars here are extreme.. A new M3 cost 320.000$ here and to get number plates on my 2002 M3 I would have to pay 80.000$ in tax only + the car. That is for me wasted money i would rather spend on other stuff.

Im planning on starting the build this weekend, I will update with pictures then.

·
Registered
29,086 Posts
will cost BIGGG bucks but will be sick in the end :bow:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Huuuuurrrggghhh???!!!!!

why are u ruining a perfectly beautiful M3 ??? get u a salvage one with side damage ! It will cost you much less.
+1:hmm:

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
why are u ruining a perfectly beautiful M3 ??? get u a salvage one with side damage ! It will cost you much less.
+2...either you have more money than you know what to do with, or I am missing something :hmm: yes, getting plates for your M3 might be expensive, but a nice running M3 is more expensive than a salvaged M3....

1 - 20 of 1779 Posts