BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used JB weld to repair minor curb rash? I know that Bondo is fairly common. Some say JB weld is stronger, but harder to sand.

Input?

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I plan to curb them again and want it to be stronger than the curb :eeps:

Just wondering. I already have JB weld. If it will work fine, then I dont need to go buy bondo.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update:

I used JB Weld to fill in the cracks. I prepped it by filing all the old paint off and cleaning with a contact cleaner. It worked great and once painted it blends perfectly.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update:

I used JB Weld to fill in the cracks. I prepped it by filing all the old paint off and cleaning with a contact cleaner. It worked great and once painted it blends perfectly.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
So you just did the curbrashed areas? Where'd you get the weld and paint? All my wheels have some rash and nicks :(

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
So you just did the curbrashed areas? Where'd you get the weld and paint? All my wheels have some rash and nicks :(
check out my DIY, should answer all your questions.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
check out my DIY, should answer all your questions.
I've studied through your DIY multiple times lol, I'm just trying to decide if my wheels need a complete refinish, or just touch up. There's some rough patches on the inner spokes, as if the paint is fading or that its been refinished before (I got them second hand). The rash isn't THAT bad I guess, but they definitely need some TLC

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
^you can do a touchup and blend the paint, i've seen it done and it looks great! its not as bad as say, blending paint on the car, on wheels its much easier, and faster.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts