E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Figured I would make a progress thread for sh1ts n' giggles.

A Brief History:
I got the car, a 2005 330xi in Black Sapphire Metallic (FTW), back in December of 2010. I was fortunate enough to have my parents split the cost of the car with me. Before getting the car I had been stalking this site for a while and had decided I wanted to murder out the car (SO glad I snapped out of that phase)

**WARNING: Progress will most likely be slow because of school and the fact that I work a **** job. (Ice cream shop in the winter = Me being broke) Hopefully during spring/summer things will pick up.

The car the day we picked it up:

First Came LED Eagle Eye Smoked Tails and also wrapped the chrome trim with the blackout tape, but eventually took it off because I liked the contrast the chrome gave to the car:

Black + Silver Carbon Roundels and $38 Ebay Lip Spoiler:

Smoked Corners+Side Markers and Black Grille:
\

Recently I added a few new mods to the list including LED license plate lights, 6000k HID's from Khoalty and 6000k Orion Lite Angel Eyes from Umnitza (Which I strongly recommend getting if you are in the market for a lower priced set of AE's) I'll put up pictures tomorrow after school.

I plan on wrapping my interior sometime soon in 3M Brushed aluminum vinyl, I just need to find a weekend to myself where I have the motivation to do it. And I will most likely be picking up my roof rack tomorrow as well :thumbup:

Enjoy :hi:

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, I've had the car for a little over a year and I've been loving every minute of it :thumbsup: I got big plans for the future with it. My inspiration: gottalovethexi's car. The things gorgeous

Attachments

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
nice progress! xi love! I agree with you, ryan's car is nice at that stage.

when you decide to wrap the interior trim in Brushed Aluminium, remember that metrorestyling runs the brushed pattern vertical on their sheets. You will need to order a lot more than you will end up using so you can have the brushed pattern horizontal on the trim.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
when you decide to wrap the interior trim in Brushed Aluminium, remember that metrorestyling runs the brushed pattern vertical on their sheets. You will need to order a lot more than you will end up using so you can have the brushed pattern horizontal on the trim.
:facepalm: Wow for real? What about the 3M vinyl they sell on their site, same deal? Thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
25,549 Posts
Thanks man, I've had the car for a little over a year and I've been loving every minute of it :thumbsup: I got big plans for the future with it. My inspiration: gottalovethexi's car. The things gorgeous
sexy car

·
Registered
E93 M3, 370z track car, R6
3,609 Posts
keep up the progress man! Theres a meet tomorrow if your interested in comming. You can meet some of the fanatics in the tri-state area and get some ideas on what to do next with your car.

·
Registered
394 Posts
car is coming along great! looking forward to seeing more progress as time goes on. Mostarac, how do I hear about some of these meets? I live in West Chester PA and dont mind driving a bit if its for a nice sized meet

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
looking good
:luv:

Good luck man! Hopefully you make it out to some meets when they start up.
keep up the progress man! Theres a meet tomorrow if your interested in comming. You can meet some of the fanatics in the tri-state area and get some ideas on what to do next with your car.
car is coming along great! looking forward to seeing more progress as time goes on. Mostarac, how do I hear about some of these meets? I live in West Chester PA and dont mind driving a bit if its for a nice sized meet
@Mostarac, I wish I could have made it today :( hope you guys have fun though. When spring comes around and more meets start up I'll definitely be going to as many as possible.

Thanks a lot guys, appreciate it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Told you guys progress was gonna be slow. But I was about to pull the trigger on a Used h&r + koni set from a member here but tonight my mom took my car out and got into an accident in a parking lot. Apparently the brakes stopped working and she slammed into another car. It was towed to a body shop and will be in there for quite some time.. =[ the damage (from what I heard) was to the bumper, grills, headlights, corner lights and hood. I wasn't able to see the car so I personally don't know the true extent of the damage. So mods probably won't come for an even longer time but I'll keep some updates as the work on the car progresses. I'm pretty upset right now so I guess I just needed to vent somewhere. Thankfully though everybody is alright and the brakes only went out in a parking lot, not on the road or highway. Just shows that you never know..mdrive safe guys and enjoy ur cars to the fullest.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Epic bump.. So I finally got my car back after almost 8 weeks after the accident (The shop i went to told me it would be no more than a month :ben: ) I had the shop install an M Tech 2 bumper for me and it looks really great; however, I have a few questions about it. I will post pics later of exactly what I'm talking about, but the empty space by the foglights practically shows underneath the car on the inside. I didnt order the sport brake ducts, so is that what I need to make it look like there isnt just an empty space in my bumper? Like I said i'll post pics later. Hopefully a drop will be coming soon :thumbup: but Ill keep you guys posted

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow I forgot i made this thread. Glad to see I'm getting some love from the forum. Might as well throw my updates on here. Not too much but I'll have some bigger updates come spring when the weather gets better :4ngie:

Like I said in my last post, the car was in an accident about 10 months ago. Had a lot of front end damage. But I had the shop put on a Khoalty M-Tech 2 bumper with projector fogs.

Then i drilled some club sport splitters and clear corners (Both from khoalty) I really love how aggressive it looks. Heres some pics:

2500k Nokya Fogs (got rid of them. I have a 6000k HID kit from DDM tuning now)

Got these for xmas :pimpin:

18x9 et35 LM Reps from Umniza. Planning on running 235/35 tires, but I might have to go 225s depending on whether I decide to go with coilovers or not.

I wanted to replace my wood trim with some aluminum silver trim so I looked on ebay and found a set. It said silver in the title and the pictures looked like they were silver but when they arrived at my house this is what they actually looked like.

Its like a champagne gold kind of color. Rather than wrapping it (which would be a disaster if I tried doing it myself) I decided to plastidip it. I knew plastidip made a metalizer so I figured gunmetal plastidip with silver metalizer would give me a nice silver color. But after perusing the dipyourcar forum I found out that the pearlizer over black comes out as a really nice, almost hyper silver color. Some guy on the forum did his GLI wheels.

Before:

After:

These just showed up at my house

Hopefully sometime this week or maybe this weekend Ill be able to get the trim done.

Thats all for now! Stay tuned :thanks:

1 - 20 of 136 Posts