BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
”xe”

Jaguar has been on top of their game and now they are capitalizing on the popularity of their F-type to roll out an entry level sports sedan to compete with the uber popular BMW 3 series. This new entry level sports sedan called the XE, will fit into Jaguar's line up just under the XF. The XE will roll on a new advanced aluminum architecture chassis, offering the both light weight and strength, for exceptional handling and performance. The new Jag will also be available with a fresh choice of engines, called the 'Ingenium' engine family, that can be set up for both rear drive and all wheel drive configurations.

We are likely a couple years out on the launch of the XE. Here in the US we could see it mid to late 2015. As long as Jaguar can keep up their momentum and deliver something exciting, BMW, Mercedes and Audi should be worried. The entry level sports sedan segment has become quite crowed, and with the possibility of Tesla's smaller, less expensive EV, the 'Model E' coming in 2015, BMW may have a couple more cars they don't want to compete with.

Check out the video of the XE:

http://youtu.be/1fWYAli_1Rg

·
Registered
608 Posts
Their reluctance to add a third pedal has really killed my desire to own a Jag...
shame because otherwise I think they make awesome cars... great looks, potent engines, light cars in their class, handling is up there too.
I do like the older jags a bit more (the X300/X308/X350 XJs and X100 XKs), because they did feel ... in a way ... exotic. Their current lineup reminds me of Mercedes a bit too much, especially the top-of-the-line XKR-S GT and XFR-S GT, featuring spoilers, scoops, and scream-in-your-face paint jobs on what once was a > 4000 lb luxury cruiser (think the silly mercedes black series). I do very much like the F-type though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts