E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sigh...
i got my iwindow today...

anyways...plugged into the wrong connector = fried :cry:
i knew i shouldnt have tried to install it at night with a flash light... :bawling:

but...i couldnt find any other connectors to plug it into... :dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. We've all been there. You get the new toy in the mail and you just can't wait to hook it up. It's a good thing you didn't fry the car. You would have had a fun time explaining that to the dealer. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
404 Posts
you should connect it into the bundle of wire attached to the rear amp. not the one near the tower strut, I did the same thing, parag was nice enough to send me a new one, contact TVonNAV immediately....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
170 Posts
krs71 said:
you should connect it into the bundle of wire attached to the rear amp. not the one near the tower strut, I did the same thing, parag was nice enough to send me a new one, contact TVonNAV immediately....
Krs71,

Yours was replaced Free of Charge because instructions were not ready when you received your unit. Instructions are available now, and in BOLD letters it explains where NOT to install your module.

We will be charging for customers for repair that fry their unit.

PLEASE READ THE MANUAL FULLY BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT TO INSTALL iWINDOWS.

Thanks,

Parag with TVonNAV
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Got mines and cannot get it to work

I got mines and tried to install, no success.........Followed the instructions, in the pouch that's described but still cannot get this thing to work.........assistance please. I've a 2004 m3.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
170 Posts
gulfviewmassive said:
I got mines and tried to install, no success.........Followed the instructions, in the pouch that's described but still cannot get this thing to work.........assistance please. I've a 2004 m3.
So you read through the manual, installed the product. And you cannot get it to work?

Thank You,

Parag with TVonNAV
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
770 Posts
it took me two hours to do this one because the carpet was a pain to take out and second i could not find the correct bundle of wires. the instrucions
are NOT clear on this. my car has two bundles one has many wires and
it is described in the instructions, also in this bundle is the wrong wire
that can fry the module. i knew this was not it. so i reached around
the back and found the second bundle. after that it took 1 minute.
my problem was in the instructions they spoke about a 26 plug connector
and etc... this confused the hell out of me. it took a while to figure out
that there was 1 more bundle somewhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,624 Posts
ummm.. i'm sorry?... i thought my instructions were pretty clear... i took pictures and everything... the close up of the connectors/pins weren't enough?... i'm sorry.. if you have any questions about it.. or questions about the pic.. i'll be glad to redo it for you... i said clearly that it was NOT the bundle w/ the 26 pin connector...
 

·
Mod Squad
Joined
·
10,012 Posts
TVonNAV said:
PLEASE READ THE MANUAL FULLY BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT TO INSTALL iWINDOWS.
Are the instructions included in the box that the iWindows came in? Or are they a download? I was emailed a few weeks ago what seem to be basic directions with no pictures or anything of that sort. Reason I don't know what's in the box is that my wife has the car and everything and doesn't want to install it without precise instructions, at this point she hasn't even opened the box hence my question regarding the instructions in the package. Thanks again.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
170 Posts
russ330 said:
Are the instructions included in the box that the iWindows came in? Or are they a download? I was emailed a few weeks ago what seem to be basic directions with no pictures or anything of that sort. Reason I don't know what's in the box is that my wife has the car and everything and doesn't want to install it without precise instructions, at this point she hasn't even opened the box hence my question regarding the instructions in the package. Thanks again.
Manuals should be downloaded from the link that is listed on the note that came with the iWindows module.

Thanks,

Parag with TVonNAV
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Mine took about 20 seconds to install after the fun job of removing the liner. Of course I have a changer so it was easy to find the cable.

-D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Instalation Is Not As Simple As One Would Assume

I followed the instructions to a "tee". When you pull the pouch there are three "outlets" in it in the M3. Two are clearly for a "round insertion" and the other fits very much into the module. I could not find any other wires back there and believe me I looked. If there are folks with the M3, and the set up is similiar to the one that I have, then they WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS IT. Again followed the instructions and still no go. I heard someone state that they "fried" theirs, how would you know if this has happened? Also, with a module this expensive, it should be CLEARLY stated that this is a possibility so that if one is not comfortable installing, then you could get a professional to do it. Answers please..........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
770 Posts
gulfviewmassive said:
I followed the instructions to a "tee". When you pull the pouch there are three "outlets" in it in the M3. Two are clearly for a "round insertion" and the other fits very much into the module. I could not find any other wires back there and believe me I looked. If there are folks with the M3, and the set up is similiar to the one that I have, then they WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS IT. Again followed the instructions and still no go. I heard someone state that they "fried" theirs, how would you know if this has happened? Also, with a module this expensive, it should be CLEARLY stated that this is a possibility so that if one is not comfortable installing, then you could get a professional to do it. Answers please..........
make soure you only use the clip with the proper colors as stated in the
instructions. i dont have an m3 but in my car i found the second bundle
hiden behind a storage box near the amp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
TVonNAV said:
Krs71,

Yours was replaced Free of Charge because instructions were not ready when you received your unit. Instructions are available now, and in BOLD letters it explains where NOT to install your module.

We will be charging for customers for repair that fry their unit.

PLEASE READ THE MANUAL FULLY BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT TO INSTALL iWINDOWS.

Thanks,

Parag with TVonNAV
I want mine, do you guys send an email when it ships? I ordered a week ago saturday, any idea when it will ship?????
 

·
I SHOP @ TURNER MOTORSPORT
Joined
·
750 Posts
russ330 said:
Are the instructions included in the box that the iWindows came in? Or are they a download? I was emailed a few weeks ago what seem to be basic directions with no pictures or anything of that sort. Reason I don't know what's in the box is that my wife has the car and everything and doesn't want to install it without precise instructions, at this point she hasn't even opened the box hence my question regarding the instructions in the package. Thanks again.
Russ...You have YOUR WIFE doing your installs?!? That's sooo weak, dude.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
TVonNAV said:
Manuals should be downloaded from the link that is listed on the note that came with the iWindows module.

Thanks,

Parag with TVonNAV
I actually downloaded the instructions and they were very clear and easy to perform. But my module did not work. My friend brought his over( he had not installed his yet) and his worked fine. One thing I did notice: my module did not have any stickers and tape my friend had on his module. Is this normal? I though may be my module was sent incomplete. I emailed the support line.

I still have my friend's module on my car. Can I simply disconnect and give it back to him?
Thanks Parag
 

·
devGOD
Joined
·
2,477 Posts
ok i just installed my iWindow. I think they should tell you that there are two wire bundles stashed back there. anyway I plugged the "CORRECT" wire in and it started SMOKING i was like WTF :yikes: my car... unplugged it right away. then i plugged it back thinking oh well maybe that was some plastic on the wire burning away. anyway the module still works :hmm: i'm a little concerned, i did call the company and left a msg. although the module and all of its functions work fine. why did it start smoking? :dunno:
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top