E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, Ive had my 18inch rims for one year now, but tbh after having seen some of the cars with 19 inch rims i regret not getting 19 from the start

the reson being the guy from the shop said Id be popping tires too much cos of the bad roads in gibraltar. The one of my mates said he has 19inch rims on his E46 and that when full cabin ride, it scapres his wheel arch so I was worried.

Good news is that they r just redoing most roads in Gib so they should be sweet by summer, was thinking of getting some 19 inch rims, im just worried about any rubbing issues etc, any considerations or specific details I thould not?

Looking into the 19inch m6 rims or the E92 M3 rims

anyone got any pics would appreciate them to

thnx guys

Nige

·
Registered
974 Posts
You shouldn't rub with 19s as long as you have the correct offset wheel specs etc. I have 19s and they do look way better than 18. Just a heads up the ride is a little more harsh and you get more road noise.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
199 Posts
As above depends on your wheel offsets and width of the wheel and tyres if it rubs. Generally if you stick with the right combo you won't get rubbing. Ride can be a little harsh but this depends on the wheel your using. Most reps tend to be quite heavy so don't give nice ride quality. With 19's you are using slightly thinner tyres so there's less rubber to absorb impact.

Personally I think M6 wheels look nasty on an E46 out of the two I'd go with the E92 M3 style.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
......U got any pics of an e46 with the m3 E92 rims, ive seen one online buts its a photoshop version of an E46 M3 and it snot that good
cheers

·
Registered
27,420 Posts
19s >>>>>>>>> 18s

Unless financials are a big concern or you can't afford (practically or financially) to slightly lower the car, 19s is a no brainer.

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
For non-Ms, I prefer 18s... 19s just look too naked to me. For the M3s I don't really have a preference - some wheels look better as 18s, others as 19s. (M3 has .5" more sidewall than non-M at all wheel diameters). My next wheels will probably be the 19" E92 M3 ZCPs

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks siiiick! I like that it still maintains its stock look, but enhanced greatly! I have a 2006 330ci ZHP (Graphite Grey) and I am debating getting 19's

What tire brand and specs did you have on this coupe?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Looks siiiick! I like that it still maintains its stock look, but enhanced greatly! I have a 2006 330ci ZHP (Graphite Grey) and I am debating getting 19's

What tire brand and specs did you have on this coupe?
Thanks don't have these wheels on the car now but they were 18x8 ET34 and tyres nothing special just budget Acellera PHi tyres 225/40/18 square setup.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts