BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's probably too rice for any of you, but I think it's cool....underbody lights. Any of you guys tried 'em or got 'em on your car? Any pictures? Does it look okay w/o a drop or should I def drop it to make it look good? Pictures?

WHen I drive my I want ppl to go :yikes: :yikes: :eek:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
The only time neon underbody looks cool is when you run over a speedbump too fast and you get a firework-looking show as you drive off into the night.

·
The G.O.A.T. is Baccckkkkk!
4,106 Posts
Show use only imo.... unless your like 17 then imo anythings acceptable, your only young once!!! Besides it's your ride and you foot the bill who cares what anyone else says?? :dunno:

·
Registered
11,159 Posts
ur gonna get pretty much everyone calling it rice on this board...
but personally, i dont really mind them, even if they are kinda ricey.
my friends and i still think theyre cool when we see them on cars

·
ILCUTAWOOTIE
3,694 Posts
wha?

I dont think thats ricey at all unless the underbody color is green....Damn, i was about to hook me up with blue neons underbody, but then i heard about people breakin it cause of speed bumps. Hell, i got neons in my car and people LOVE them...i have never heard a single negative comment from them. Like someone already said, ur car u do what u want to do...But in my opinion, its not ricey!
-ALex

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all the feedback. I want to get blue underbody neons, and I'm only 16, so I'm young. The car actually belongs to my brother right now, but in two months he's giving it to me...he might get an M3...hopefully :thumbup:

·
Registered
519 Posts
yea, well when you congregate with people who all think highly of themselves above everyone else of course there are gonna be rules that they go by... just like any club of frat or whatever. I actually like them, think they look good if done right and its up to you big man.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
I think that they would look fairly OK (note my wording) if you make sure that you can never see the tubes. I once saw someone who installed a recessed tube in their wheel well. It wasn't a bmw but it did look hot I must admit.

I think the #1 reason why those neons look bad is because they are lighting up areas like just underneith a small portion of the car's side, and like the center portion of the back bumper. To make these look good, you need COMPLETE coverage of the areas around ur car.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I thought they were cool 2 years ago when I was 16. Now I think they're stupid. IMO id be ok for show use only and should especially be kept off a stock looking car. You always see a lot of ****ty american cars with em and they're poorly mounted so that you can see the actual neon tube instead of a glow. :clem:
Also you will get pulled over immediatly if you drive around with those.

edit: <i>16 yr old girls will think the ride is hot enough plus you shouldnt need a flashy OR GLOWING car to help your game</i>

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,151 Posts
i think you know the answer to your question

on the boards it is known to be ricey. but for show cars they are used in the trunk in car under car in engine bay with mirrors to.
but i think on on bmw cars for very day used it is not used period
but if you like it you can do what you like but it is not used in generally on our cars except for shows and sometimes for meets.
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
1.888.JLEVISW
14,704 Posts
I actually had a pretty cool idea the other day... Get white neons in the front and rear, and cyan ones on the sides... BMW ROUNDEL! THAT would be cool, dont' you think?

JL

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i like that roundel idea.....white and blue - very clever! I probably want to get them with a wireless transmitter, so when I unlock the car they'd turn on, which would be tite, or have them flash with the alarm :) My car is stock right now, so it probably wouldn't look too good, you're right guys, but I'm just planning for the future. Any of you Northern VA guys will start seeing me at the meets @ Tysons in the spring - just wait for it :thumbup: thanks for the feedback.

One more question: what color would look best on silver?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts