BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:hmm: Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but i just have to know -- i've looked everywhere. Whats the history behind the BMW Roundel? I just wanted to know.

--Rohan--

·
Banned
6,697 Posts
Or|3nt330ci said:
:hmm: Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but i just have to know -- i've looked everywhere. Whats the history behind the BMW Roundel? I just wanted to know.

--Rohan--
They used to make engines for airplanes, so it's a propeller.

·
Registered
6,333 Posts
Yeah BMW used to make plane engines and the roundel symbolizes the white propeller flying through the blue sky

·
Registered
933 Posts
Nice ... always good to learn something new !! :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Not that I liked the movie or anything but...there was this explanation in "Finding Forrester" with Sean Connery. The genius main character kid was asked to "stay away" from some guy's bimmer when he was trying to complement the guy on it and instead got b!tched by the kid once he explained the whole history of BMW and the design of the roundel. The kid finished by saying "but I bet you already knew that being as how you lease one and all". Nice scene...but weak movie.

·
Registered
207 Posts
tim330i said:
Actually it is blue = sky, white = propeller

thats really cool. i always kinda sorta thought it was ugly :)shhh: dons flame retardent suit), but that puts it in a new light. fun times. :woot:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Corsa999 said:
Not that I liked the movie or anything but...there was this explanation in "Finding Forrester" with Sean Connery. The genius main character kid was asked to "stay away" from some guy's bimmer when he was trying to complement the guy on it and instead got b!tched by the kid once he explained the whole history of BMW and the design of the roundel. The kid finished by saying "but I bet you already knew that being as how you lease one and all". Nice scene...but weak movie.
I remember that movie lol

"White propeller whipping across a blue sky"

1 - 20 of 22 Posts