E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hartge330Ci, maybe you explained it in a previous post, but what are those components in the trunk, other than the module for the Pioneer head unit? Is the Alpine piece a CD/MP3 or DVD changer? What's the silver thing on the left?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good eyes. The Alpine unit is a VCR. The "silver thing on the left" is a DVR (Digital Video Recorder). It is a 9 camera DVR. From the other pictures you will see that the car,at this time, has 4 cameras. One to the front, on to the rear, and two facing opposite sides of the car from the pillar. This car has a complete surveillance system that allows digital recording of real time footage. There are a few other items of interest that I won't reveal just yet, but it will be the trickest camera setup to date and puts any back-up camera to shame. :D

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
digitalgm said:
What brand/model dvr is that?

AdamR
I am using a DVR-Pro 9000. It was very difficult to get, but has some extremely good features for its price.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
srcstc said:
What kinda cameras are you using? And how's the picture on them?

Rich
They are small pinhole board cameras. The resolution is very good. I will post some pictures when I get the car back in about a week.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've never even thought of doing a 360 degree surveillance setup, and it sounds great! Mind giving me some prices on the merchandise and installation? There is an insane amount of vehicle vandalism and theft here in New Orleans.

:evil: Bennyman :evil:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The install is being done by European Car Stereo in Redondo Beach. The price..... well it ain't cheap. A good DVR will set you back several grand, although I must admit I got mine much cheaper (job reasons). The cameras aren't too expensive, about $150 a piece if you get them at the right place. The install, well, that's obviously up to the shop since it's all custom work.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.