E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at wits end...
Got ISTA+ and ISTA/P working on a new Windows 10 laptop.
Using a eBay K+DCAN INPA compatible cable.
ISTA/P is version 3.67.0.000
Can download the build etc from the car, but cannot program as I get no voltage at terminal 15 or terminal 30.
I have done a lot of research (not here though) and have ensured battery is totally charged above 14V and also connected a 13.8V voltage regulator that can supply 20A.
I have seen some posts suggesting it may be the cable. I have tried the cable switch in both positions. Only one position works to download the build sheet.
No terminal 15 or 30 voltage though.
Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.
I now suspect the cable...
I know the test of voltage can be removed, but want to try and get it working correctly for car-running-again purposes.
I there is a fix for voltage checking, can you point me in the right direction?

Garry

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
found a site that says detection of voltage not possible with the cable.
need to use energy or icon supposedly.
may try voltage simulation.
any better ideas?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don’t bother with ISTA. It is a huge complex pile of software that is difficult to set up. And you can do everything with BMW Standard Tools.
I am now very committed to making this work... I need a new file that removes the voltage check. IFS.ServicesImplementation.dll
just need to find the modded version.

·
Administrator
19,712 Posts
Best of luck, mate. If I could help, you know I would. I made several attempts at it over the years and just gave up.
If you do get it working correctly and reliably, then we should make it available to others via the forum.
I will be watching.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Best of luck, mate. If I could help, you know I would. I made several attempts at it over the years and just gave up.
If you do get it working correctly and reliably, then we should make it available to others via the forum.
I will be watching.
Thanks. Will do. Have everything working on windows 10 using a K+DCan cable.
These cables do not pass the terminal voltage values. These is a fix and I am tracking it.

I paid a small amount to a company to get the files. They have left several traps in the installation as they make their money by installing it for you...
eg
1. a missing file so ista/p would not load.
2. one particular ip address modification was in German.
3. The Edibas settings were wrong.
4. They will not provide any support unless you pay for it.

Garry

·
Premium Member
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
11,971 Posts
The single biggest issue with bootleg ISTA+ (+ is how you know it's bootleg) is any copy for less than a thousand dollars (yes you read that right) is always full of holes.

I hope you get it sorted. I happen to like ISTA, but then again it's familiarity. I've been using genuine scan tools since before the GT-1.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got it working after much mental anguish. I bought a cheap version off web site and it will work if you search enough for info. It did not have the fix for voltages needed for k+dcan cables.
Found another forum that had a very helpful member that has most software available for download off mega. He had an upgrade and I thought let’s try. I just went to his mega site as I could not seem to get forum membership to talk to him.
His update failed and it had uninstalled my previous version :-(
Reinstalled my previous, tried again and it worked. It had the voltage fix .
pics:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I got my copy of ISTA Plus from bimmerfest. It's the latest version of the software. I use Mike's BMW tools to get ediabas and other tools since they're better at coding on E chassis anyways. ISTA plus will often not detect terminal 15 voltage unless it's in a specific mode. Mine usually works for detection on my E46 but not on my E90. Terminal 15 voltage is usually only reported properly when you use an ICOM cable.

E-Series - Standard Tools & SP-DATEN: Software Download Links | Page 750 | BimmerFest BMW Forum

1 - 11 of 11 Posts