1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I've an E46 318
The vin is (ED67289) so only 7 digits
I read that ista standalone can't connect to it, so I'm here to verify that cause inpa works fine and i tried ista on f30 and it also worked fine
Hope anyone got a clue
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Few on here bother with ISTA as it is very difficult to set up, configure, and use. BMW Standard Tools does everything you could want, is much simpler to set up and use, and far more reliable than ISTA.
It's just that ista scans the whole car at once
And i installed it successfully using the standalone installer and it worked flawlessly on the f30

·
Registered
'02 325ti Compact
30 Posts
Checked everywhere and even my mechanic did that's the vin
That definitely doesn't look like a factory VIN, that's just someone stamping the "serial number" (the last seven digits which identify it for a lot of BMW-related things) in lieu of actually having a proper VIN, and the ultra low quality "it's totally legit guys" roundels just seal the deal. Maybe something else "donated" its VIN for this car and whoever put this together just roll stamped that by himself?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That definitely doesn't look like a factory VIN, that's just someone stamping the "serial number" (the last seven digits which identify it for a lot of BMW-related things) in lieu of actually having a proper VIN, and the ultra low quality "it's totally legit guys" roundels just seal the deal. Maybe something else "donated" its VIN for this car and whoever put this together just roll stamped that by himself?
It's assembled in egypt we had a factory line here and all cars have that 7 vin the other number is here

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts