BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay why in the hell is there a cupholer under my armrest, the only thing i can fit under there is a can. i guess the fast food industry did not research bmw's before choosing its beverage serving techniques. if there are two ppl in my car and we get food, theres no where to put a second drink... this angers me, anyone else feel this way??

·
PSHOPWERKS
4,541 Posts
Ummm...I have 2 cupholders in the same location where yours is. You mean you have 2 but only 1 is accessible (when the armrest is in the "down" position)?

·
Oaf
941 Posts
the germans don't really want to put cupholders in their cars. they're really all about driving and concentrating on the road.

putting food/drink containers in their cars is merely a concession to us Americans ;)

i heard that somewhere

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,316 Posts
Cars like BMWs shouldn't come equipped with cupholders, they're the ultimate driving machine..

·
Addicted to Autocross
1,280 Posts
I live on a steady diet of fast food and soda. I'm always on the go and I need at least 1 cupholder for sure. That diet (and the lack of water, excercise and sleep) will be the death of me for sure and I'll probably go at a young age if not just keel over soon. Funny, when I mention this at work, the first question from EVERYONE's mouth is "So, when you die can I have your Bimmer?"

Anyways, my biggest problem with the cupholders is that they're just ugly. I need it so I don't complain. I do however, concentrate on driving first and only drink when its safe to do so.

·
I holla
1,668 Posts
why don't u just lift the arm rest up when you have two drinks?

anyways, cupholders are sux...that's why i got ride of mine.

·
Registered
775 Posts
My car has no cupholders (I have the eurotray with the phone in there).

I always buy those little bottles of water and coke.. Just close them again and you can lay them on the passengerseat next to you.. <- this only works when driving on the freeway.. In the city there is no way for the bottle to stay on the seat. :dunno:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Take a look Here , you can probably find a better cup holder that is made for you car. You can replace those cheezy cupholders at the same time.

·
Registered
117 Posts
beauport said:
Take a look Here , you can probably find a better cup holder that is made for you car. You can replace those cheezy cupholders at the same time.

This tray doesn't really cost this much does it? I believe I've read that some people have gotten it for perhaps $20?

Attachments

·
Believe it!!!
843 Posts
I'll change my cup holder to the euro tray... however.. i am so used to using the cup holder to put my motorolla timeport :p

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
everytime ive been to germany i have gotten smaller drinks. they dont have the supersize american style drinks so im guessing they dont need the exttra space, but its def a pain...so I just took my arm rest out

·
Masterdebator
1,578 Posts
I only allow drinks in my car, and they have to be closed. On emergencies (food run), I do allow food to be carried in my car, but never eaten. I remember I was giving my cousin and his friends a lift, and one his his friends was eating ice cream in the car (I didn't see him taking it in). I immediately stopped the car, and told him t get out and finish it or throw it away. No one messes up Stacy (my330i).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts