BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 bmw 325i sedan. Had the car for about a year ran great until last night when I started to feel my car feel very shaky while driving and I lost quite a bit of acceleration power. The service engine soon light came on about 1 minute later. The car continued to function to get my home safely.

Today I took it to Autozone and got the codes p0300 p1347 p1351 p1348. I talked with the guys there and they said it was symptoms of a bad fuel pump, spark plugs or injectors. I ran chevron injector cleaners in it (20 gallon treatment on 1/4th tank) and drove on the highway for about 10 mins. Car runs smooth on its own at that speed but as soon as I hit the gas it gets very shaky and uneasy and I get maybe 20% acceleration.

If i leave the car running at idle it will run for about 20 seconds and steadily die.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
I think the guys at Autozone are right. It's less likely the injectors though.

·
Premium Member
28,970 Posts
You need to read the first 2 links below in my signature.

Fuel filter needs to have less than 30k miles on it, otherwise I suggest changing this. It could be a fuel pump, but you may have a torn intake boot.

Doubt your problem is fuel injectors, they rarely fail quickly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had the same issue... Had to change out fuel pump and had an issue with my intake boots being cracked... After that it mostly went away.. I have since changes out the spark plugs, cleaned maf, and changed my precat o2 sensors.. Since then no issues!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
19 Posts
You can clean ur maf really easily.. And u can get ur o2 sensors on amazon.com. Cheapest place I found them.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
14 Posts
When that happened to me, got 2 coils bad, my mechanic swap them up and after a year it start again loosing power, I did the replacement of other 4 remaining, so far so good till now.

·
Registered
83 Posts
acartiaga Did you ever figure out the issue, I am haveing the same dilema, I just ordered the fuel pump It should be in by tomorrow but incase this doesnt work I want to keep my eyes open on what else I would need to tackle.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
That is what I would look at first, spark plugs and coils.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts