E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I thinked my '99 323i E46 had less torque by moments so, i decided to pass a diag and no errors codes but wrong values at the camshaft position sensor, (intake).

So, i bought an aftermarket sensor, (brand : Meat & Doria). After replacing all okay but now, i have some faulty sensor symptoms : it depend by days, car not start the first time or a hard start, some less power and torque and one time the car stalls. I came to my mechanic for a diag and now i have an error code, (dont remind the code but that was the sensor) and wrong values positions like 112 or 113° instead of 125°.

And two days ago, she works perfectelly !! I need to replace the old sensor to saw what happen ? (i think) and buy an OEM sensor ? I need answers by people having the same issue, i don't know what i need.

Greetins from France, Mathieu

·
Administrator
2004 330Ci 115k miles
16,298 Posts
Use a Genuine sensor only, others will have issues
I would use genuine BMW or the OE brand, which should be identical except without BMW logo.
VNE brand is OE for camshaft position sensors on these cars.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would use genuine BMW or the OE brand, which should be identical except without BMW logo.
VNE brand is OE for camshaft position sensors on these cars.
thank you, tommorow i call my BMW vendor to buy an OEM sensor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts