E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
F22C1
944 Posts
not too hard, you have to drill holes in the white piece to match the holes on the chrome frame.
you cut the stock shift boot on the bottom and then sandwich the boot between the chrome frame and the white plastic piece. you use the bolts to hold the white plastic/boot leather/chrome frame together
the frame just snaps into the space on the center console.
only part getting drilled is the white piece
goodluck:thumbup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey, that looks cool:) Where did you get it and how much?

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is a must have:

I bought it directly from isotta in Italy, for $60 shipped. There is no drilling required to your cars trim. I used the existing boot and sandwiched it between the frame and the molding. A dremel tool is helpful. So basically, remove the stock plastic frame from the leather boot. Trim about a 1/2 inch of the stock leather. Cut small holes in the leather to match the platic molding included with frame. Sandwich them all together with the provided bolts.
Hope this helps.
Sean
www.silverbulb.com

·
Banned
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ebay has them for 20 bucks just search isotta e46

·
Registered
194 Posts
e46shift said:
not too hard, you have to drill holes in the white piece to match the holes on the chrome frame.
you cut the stock shift boot on the bottom and then sandwich the boot between the chrome frame and the white plastic piece. you use the bolts to hold the white plastic/boot leather/chrome frame together
the frame just snaps into the space on the center console.
only part getting drilled is the white piece
goodluck:thumbup:
I just bought the identical Isotta one on eBay for around $28 including shipping. There are no more listed but you can always check later. And THANKS FOR THE DIY info. YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts