BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
E36 Drift Missile, 08 Nissan Titan Tow Rig, 02 SV650 traffic zipper
1,482 Posts
How much shipped to 91367?

Was it an easy install and also does it make that whining noise with your rpm's?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd be willing to kill the auction for $40 (shipping included), for a fellow E46fanatic. I don't know how you define an "easy install"... took about 30 minutes to find the proper cables in the trunk to connect to, and connect them; routing the wiring from the trunk to the center console took me about 3 hrs. There's no iPod interface that I'm aware of that requires less time to install. The cable routing is the long pole in that tent. I never heard any whining noise associated with engine RPM's.

If you want it, please paypal to [email protected].

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Thanks for the quickly reply

last few question:
can you control the music (volume, next track etc) thru the steering wheel or even the stock radio itself?

aux compatible?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The questions are valid and important: Yes, I was able to control volume and next/previous track from the steering wheel or the head unit. I used it in a mode that did not display text on the head unit, and allowed me to control the iPod with the buttons on the iPod (for example, to select which artist or playlist I wanted to listen to). I understand (but don't quote me on this) that you can operate it in a mode where full control is given to your head unit and song titles are displayed on the head unit, but it requires you to create lists labeled "BMW1" through "BMW5" on your iPod... I didn't like being restricted by the "BMW playlists" so I chose to go with manual iPod control with no text on the head unit. There might be instructions on how to do that on the web, I don't have the user's manual for the unit.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To my knowledge, this unit only works with the factory BMW stereo, prewired for a CD changer. If you have Nav or Sat radio on your factory BMW unit, it won't work (at least that's what I was told when I bought it)

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Thank you for the legitimate info. I dont work with paypal but ill have a friend paypal you the money.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sounds great ramtin325i (sorry don't know your name)... please pm me your friend's e-mail address so I can verify the money comes from him, and pm me the shipping address. I can have it out as soon as I get the payment. Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
you are very honest-- both here and ebay. good quality to have and i thank you. im sure i could google this but w/e-- iphone compatable?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for the kind words. I definitely believe honesty is the best policy. I have found that sending the truth to others comes back to me with bigger blessings :)

I wish I could give you an answer on whether this iSimple would work with an iPhone. I know it works with iPod nano 4th generation, and therefore I believe it will work with iPhones, but I never tried it and it's too late to, given that the car has the new iPod interface installed and it's all buttoned up.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just realized there's a question I never answered. ramtin325i asked whether the unit is aux compatible. I think you're wondering whether the unit has RCA inputs for non-iPod devices. The answer is no. The device will only connect to an iPod

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I used it with an iPod Nano 4th gen... can't tell you for a fact whether it works with other iPods but I'm guessing the answer is yes

·
Registered
646 Posts
is this still for sale? i'll paypal right now?

THis will fit a 2006 x3 right? I have the same setup in my 2003 325 and absolutely love it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Sorry for late response, I figured out that this is ipod compatible only and this is not what im looking for.

Great price tho glws :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts