E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
White 325ci is tints a good idea? (No lights are tinted, everything clear and led) If so what is the best percentage?

Sent from my DROID2 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes, it's a good idea! haha Tinted windows looks the best on white cars in my opinion. I would get something pretty dark like 20%.

·
Registered
18 Posts
White 325ci is tints a good idea? (No lights are tinted, everything clear and led) If so what is the best percentage?

my $0.02 :)

I'm getting tints because of UV rays. In New Zealand sun is so strong that if you have dark dash or even dark coloured car you will suffer from clear coat peeling off and dash eventually cracking. :ben:

I know in NZ we have legal requirements for how dark tints can be.
eg. this is from our land transport agency

I think how far you go depends on the tints themselves. Go and look at samples of different % and tints. Some of them look good at different %. I wouldn't go all the way to 35% simply because I don't want every cop wondering what I'm doing and pulling me over or some idiot smashing my window thinking that I'm carrying thousands $$ worth of equipment. <-- sad but true. :blah:

Good luck, post pics after! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
687 Posts
20% all around, on white it looks super clean.

·
Registered
64 Posts
yes, tinting is a wise investment, not only does it keep your interior cooler ( less damage to plastics, vinyl & leather ) but also will stop side windows imploding should you be unlucky enough to be in an accident. Darker does not equate to cooler Jeff

·
Registered
457 Posts
Why did you make a whole thread to ask a retarded question??? After all, its your choice. If you want pics, do a god damn google search. This is another one of those topics that has been beat to death. Search, or better yet just get it done. You'll be happy with a tint. NEVER make a thread like this again please.

P.S. It's tint or tinted; tints not only makes you sound dim, I believe it is incorrect to say it this way. And for FVCKS sake, its your car. Why do you care at all what people on a website think about getting your windows tinted? Its not like your hooking up a SC or turbo kit where you could learn from other peoples experience before putting brand X on your car. Dont go cheap on a tint and youll be fine.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Woah woah relax bro!
Why did you make a whole thread to ask a retarded question??? After all, its your choice. If you want pics, do a god damn google search. This is another one of those topics that has been beat to death. Search, or better yet just get it done. You'll be happy with a tint. NEVER make a thread like this again please.

P.S. It's tint or tinted; tints not only makes you sound dim, I believe it is incorrect to say it this way. And for FVCKS sake, its your car. Why do you care at all what people on a website think about getting your windows tinted? Its not like your hooking up a SC or turbo kit where you could learn from other peoples experience before putting brand X on your car. Dont go cheap on a tint and youll be fine.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like 20% is the best choice! Now let's just hope I don't get tickets every week!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok next question, at what percentage the vision becomes impared? I don't want it to be effected much so is 20 good or I can go for more?

·
Registered
466 Posts
i've got 15 all around, and the only time its gets a little tough to see is in the dark of night on unlit roads. which isn't very often
other than that, its fine

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i've got 15 all around, and the only time its gets a little tough to see is in the dark of night on unlit roads. which isn't very often
other than that, its fine
With 15%, can ppl from outside see u in the car? Do u know about 20?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Why did you make a whole thread to ask a retarded question??? After all, its your choice. {etc...}
The question was fair territory, he is just asking for peoples opinions and experiences. The forum is made better by constructive dialogue and opinion-sharing rather than bashing eachother. So grow up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Please tell me you people that call it TINTS have passed the third grade it WINDOW TINT OR WINDOW TINTING you make yourself sound like a 6 year old.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I will continue my search .. however, it may be benificial to the poster if photos were provided. Does anyone have it on their steel blue 323Ci?

-Christopher

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Please tell me you people that call it TINTS have passed the third grade it WINDOW TINT OR WINDOW TINTING you make yourself sound like a 6 year old.
That sentence reads like it was written by a 5 year old. Less bashing/trolling, more constructive advice please.

·
Registered
27,532 Posts
20% on mine.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts