E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it true that if you have a 330ci and you shift from 5th to 2nd it might blow your engine or something like that? What if your on 5th going saying 40 and you sihft to second, is dis bad?

·
Yes...I do think I hate you
1,539 Posts
my step can hit about 60-62mph when in second at WOT, so I think you will be safe shifting into 2nd at 40mph, I do it a lot to get on the power since I don't utilize the kickdown feature of the step that much. I don't do it to slow down, only to get more power at a higher rev when I need to pass or whatever.

For A stick, I imagine it will be similar.

·
Registered
505 Posts
not changing from 5th to 2nd there is nothign wrong with doing so, as long as the speed descreases with the change in ratio's
i can change form 5th to 1st without any problems just as i can change from 5th to 4th and blow the engine

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so say im going 40mph and im on 5th and i downshift to 2nd and just floor it......this is bad?....sorry for trouble guys

·
Registered
505 Posts
hmmmm 40mph will probably be pretty high up for 2nd gear,
it all depends on revvs
at how many revvs are u on 5th at 40mph?

·
Registered
695 Posts
if yur going 80 in fifth try to shift to 2nd and that'll answer your question............haha j/k

1 - 11 of 11 Posts