E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
like previously stated in a different post.. i am leasing my car. It is a 2005 325i. I was wondering if the following modifications could be taken off w/o any noticable damage/changes. (aka could i return the car good as new (except w/ a few more miles on it)

1. Retrofit M aerodynamics kit

2. or Hamann E46 "Saloon" GT-R (or competition) body kit.

3. AC Schnitzer Body kit.

4. New head lights (maybe the "angel eyes" kind)

5. 3 series CI tail lights... (the white and red ones; no oj)

do these body kits in any way permanently change the car? (require drilling/fitting/molding/or others)

thanks
-Chris

·
Lying, drunken cheat
4,326 Posts
The tail lights/clears are easy to swap. The entire thing is a single unit that fits into the rear of the car. You'll find this out when you get them. They aren't Ci specific, by the way, that's only in this country (due to DOT regulations concerning orange and red reflectors at the corners of the car...note that the coupes come with orange and red reflectors on the bumpers, while the sedans do not). In Europe, the white/clear lenses are standard on all cars. So make sure you get the sedan lights, as the coupe lights won't fit.

Headlights are a bit more work but still fairly easy. Angel eyes are difficult to remove once installed, however, unless you buy a new set of headlights with the rings pre-installed (and swap your OEM ones back in later).

As for body kits, that's not my speciality. Some do require modification, but most probably do not.

·
Registered
385 Posts
You can remove all of that, but depends on savvy you are with your car. The kit among some other things you mentioned should a little too hard to handle. I would, if i had to that is, go to mechanic that you trust and see what they say.

·
Der Meisterstück
2,471 Posts
1. Retrofit M aerodynamics kit YES/EASY

2. or Hamann E46 "Saloon" GT-R (or competition) body kit. EXTREME DIFFICULTY REMOVING

3. AC Schnitzer Body kit. YES/EASY

4. New head lights (maybe the "angel eyes" kind) ???/MAY NEED TO REPLACE HEADLAMPS

5. 3 series CI tail lights... (the white and red ones; no oj) THESE WONT FIT ON A SEDAN

WELCOME NEWBIE

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh... well the tail lights that don't have that ugly orange in them. They look like they are LED lights that are just red and white. I have not decided on a body kit yet, but i am leaning towards the Retrofit M Aerodyamics kit b/c A. BMW can ship it to me pre-painted. B. BMW dealership could possibly install it themselves. C. (apparently) Shouldn't permanently alter the appearance of the car after removal...

if anyone else has input ... please share!

·
Resident CF Whore
2,740 Posts
Actually...
AC Schnitzer side skirts are either direct add-on (meaning you put it on over your original side skirts) or you can use it as a direct replacement.
Many on the forum have done it as an add-on, but I did it as a direct replacement on mine.
If you want to put it back to stock later on with ease, you might want to do it as a direct replacement.
As for the rear add-on diffuser (since you have a 2005 325i), you would have to glue it on your bumper.
Not sure if the add-on comes off easily without ruining the paint or anything (since it's not 3M tape like on the roof/lip spoiler).

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,376 Posts
The Phosphyre Halos DDE's can be installed and removed with NO trace. They simply require that you open your headlight but since the facelift sedan is clipped together that means you can clip it back without anyone knowing. The only tiny trace would be a small incision in an ECU wire but that doesnt effect anything because they use T-taps...

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow, this is pretty inspiring...

i just saw the price of the Phosphyre Halos DDE's and that wasn't too comforting.. how would it look if i had the Angel Eye lights, and left the rear-lights stock and the front-right-quartet panel blinkers stock (oj)..?

and a quick question.. which is better? (with the price and convenientcy factor)

Retrofit //M Aerodynamic Kit

AC Shnitzer this one ( http://www.ac-schnitzer.de/modelle/3er_e46/limousine.htm )

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I personally love this one.

·
1.888.JLEVISW
14,349 Posts
BMWERKEN said:
The Phosphyre Halos DDE's can be installed and removed with NO trace. They simply require that you open your headlight but since the facelift sedan is clipped together that means you can clip it back without anyone knowing. The only tiny trace would be a small incision in an ECU wire but that doesnt effect anything because they use T-taps...
This is the only correct answer regarding angel eyes on the page.
Our $149 Kit functions the same way - it requires NO modification to the car.

Also, if you purchase our complete Xenon Headlight packages (Projector46), you'll be able to remove them without a trace as well.

JL

·
Resident CF Whore
2,740 Posts
2K5 325i said:
:bump: btw.. does anyone know how much that AC Schnitzer body kit costs? (including the front bumper, side skirts, rear bumper, and (optional spoiler; not really desired)
The side skirts costed me $495 for 2, $405 for the rear add on, and I don't know how much the front add on costs since I got an ACS cf lip instead.
However... these prices are inaccurate since I bought my ACS stuff a while ago and I am 100% sure that they have gone up in price since last year.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
gmhl10 said:
The side skirts costed me $495 for 2, $405 for the rear add on, and I don't know how much the front add on costs since I got an ACS cf lip instead.
However... these prices are inaccurate since I bought my ACS stuff a while ago and I am 100% sure that they have gone up in price since last year.
:bump:

ok, thanks!.. um.. how much did YOUR front ACS c/f lip cost?....do you have a pic?

·
Resident CF Whore
2,740 Posts
2K5 325i said:
:bump:

ok, thanks!.. um.. how much did YOUR front ACS c/f lip cost?....do you have a pic?
I got the ACS cf lip for real cheap.
Another guy on the forum was selling it for $1200 slightly used.
It was in very good condition when I checked it out so I got it from him.
This is including flippers and struts (the struts are not on, but I will be adding them).
Usually, all this goes for around $2000+.
You can tell that it's authentic ACS because the flippers were not carbon fiber, the ACS sticker was there, and I got a few boxes with ACS tape all over it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts