BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been talking to a guy in my area selling what he claims are OEM m3 rims but he said he ran them on his 325i without a problem? i was wondering if you guys had any advice i dont want rims that wont fit :eek:

i would be putting them on a 2001 325ci and was thinking about coilovers in the future as well

heres the link...

http://albany.craigslist.org/pts/2552055524.html

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
this is what he replied in the email...not sure if it makes sense

"Hi Joe,
The rims are still available.
Offset (i.e) backspacing is 6.5" on the front rims and 6" on the rears.
The rims are 18".
I ran them on a 325i I sold in July with no problems.
I also have four Continental high performance tires for sale (about two month old). They fit these rims."

·
Registered
522 Posts
this is what he replied in the email...not sure if it makes sense

"Hi Joe,
The rims are still available.
Offset (i.e) backspacing is 6.5" on the front rims and 6" on the rears.
The rims are 18".
I ran them on a 325i I sold in July with no problems.
I also have four Continental high performance tires for sale (about two month old). They fit these rims."

sounds like he doesnt know what hes talking about... But you can always make any rims fit... some just take more work than others

Or maybe its just me but i dont understand this at all "Offset (i.e) backspacing is 6.5" on the front rims and 6" on the rears."

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds like he doesnt know what hes talking about... But you can always make any rims fit... some just take more work than others

Or maybe its just me but i dont understand this at all "Offset (i.e) backspacing is 6.5" on the front rims and 6" on the rears."
umm ya thats what made me like wtf...he sent me pictures of the car with the rims on it and it was a 325i so they did fit but he said the tires he was also selling were very low profile but in the pictures it doesnt look "low profile" at all plus he said he did no fender work at all and i thought for oem staggered m3 rims to fit it would require serious work because of the low offset in the rear?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he didnt say...i will ask him, but they look like in the picture they have a decent amount of sidewall...i will upload the pics he sent when i get home. my work computer wont allow me to upload pics...he also said the "low profile tires" look really good because the sidewall fills up the wheel gap. from the pictures it looks like he was running a 4x4 :lmao:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
ok here are the pics the seller sent me...he is only asking 400 but should i ask for money off because he claimed they were oem or should i not deal with him at all? what would you guys do?

400 is for just rims btw

Attachments

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
1)you can fit 28" on a sedan with the right work.
2) Stock is usually 16". Aftermarket usually lingers in the 17" and 18"
3) true ballers roll on 19" and 20"
4) the man doesn't lie...they are OEM m3 STYLE but not the ones you put on a m3. They are not compatible

1 - 10 of 10 Posts