1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
May the farts be with you, always
6,755 Posts
I would never spend no damn 15 hundred bucks on no damn radar detector.. you krazy , save urself gettin jacked and get V1. 1/3 the price and great reviews by all including members..

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,835 Posts
I'd go with the V1. It costs less, has a great rep, and is upgradable. I'm guessing it would be easier to install than that one also.

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,702 Posts
All you need is a V1!

·
mod bug resistant
622 Posts
You must be really desperate to spend $1500 on a damn radar detector. Not a single detector out there offers 100% protection.
Even $800 is too much for that. Just get a V1.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nnnnmmm

i spoke with the guy who sells them i think he would sell them at the same price 800 bucks plus install , i just think its a great and new mod , call me crazy , but also not to knock the V1 but it does not block Lazer stuff, around my areas i drive they tend to pull that new tech crap with the lazer , once that hits you good night!
just some info , ps, i will take photos for you guys i ordered it
-mike

·
hammer talks like this
4,292 Posts
my old shop installed one of those on a X5. price was around $950 installed. clean install for sure. but i wouldnt get it.

·
'a certain moderator'
38,139 Posts
go for it bro, (i guess u already did, hehe) but i support ur decision. i have the 8500, and no complaints, so this should use all that technology and then some, so it cant be bad... only problem MIGHT be where the sensors are installed, in the front grille? the higher you mount the sensors, the better reception u will get.

good luck, show pics of Install when done!!

-brendan

·
Registered
586 Posts
Hey, what about the Passport?

What's w/all the V1 recs? All the comparos I read rated the Passport 8500 higher. It's smaller & looks better too. Can't remeber but I think price is similar (around $300).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts