E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
'a certain moderator'
35,484 Posts
in a word: yes.

for the less expencive intakes that are still quality, see ECIS, Conforti, or Benfer Performance (BFP is a tru CAI, :thumbup: )

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yes... that intake is in fact crap ... it is easy to fall victim to the low price and possible thought of added HP ..(i did :shhh: ).... but my friendly service providers at AA politely informed me what a mistake it was and gave me a great deal on an ECIS ../// the one abobe is crap because there is no heat shield to protect the intake from sucking in hot air from the engine compartment.

IF you were to put it on .. you would get the sound of an intake, but very little HP .. or not as much as you would from a better intake .. ECIS, Gruppe M .. etc.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Just buy the heatshield. You can find it pretty cheap.Thats what my friend did. He got intake from e-bay for $29.99 and bought a heatshield for $100 total 129.99 :thumbup:

·
Banned
6,535 Posts
CroBmw said:
Just buy the heatshield. You can find it pretty cheap.Thats what my friend did. He got intake from e-bay for $29.99 and bought a heatshield for $100 total 129.99 :thumbup:
$30.00 :lmao:

Do you have any idea how crappy that filter he got is going to be? You are probably better off with a stock drop-in-filter.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
1. intake tube is metal, it will transfer & hold heat like crazy

2. Even if the tube wasnt metal, No heat shield so, you will just suck up really hot air.

3. Filter is not K&N and probably filters particles worse than a stretched out used underware

4. You can buy that from Autozone.

·
Registered
299 Posts
gokcer said:
1. intake tube is metal, it will transfer & hold heat like crazy

2. Even if the tube wasnt metal, No heat shield so, you will just suck up really hot air.

3. Filter is not K&N and probably filters particles worse than a stretched out used underware

4. You can buy that from Autozone.
Or they can make their own like you, with aluminum foil! :lmao:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts