E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design
As said in title, it’s the rubber seal under the wiper nozzle/hood vent. Really bothering me how it hangs :/
I do have windshield cowels(brand new) for water. So how necessary is this ?

·
Premium Member
2003 330cic, 2003 325iT
7,906 Posts
There is no glue on that seal. It actually pinches on the ridge at the back of the engine compartment. It looks like it got adhered to the hood for some reason. Just pull it off and put it back on the ridge above the cabin air filter assembly and you are right as rain.

And yes, you want it to keep water from running into the engine compartment where it will inevitably settle in the coil openings.

Vehicle Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Hood

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
27,242 Posts
ask dmax about Gummi Pfledge
Do you know that it took me years and years to learn there's no "D" in pflege, though the D makes it seem for like Pledge, promised to make your furniture look nice. Gummi Pflege is probably not good on wood, guys, so be careful. Also, not to be taken internally--so many of you misunderstand my love of some products.

...so...don't laugh...you remove your gaskets (in warmer weather), rinse them off, gently brush them with a soft bristled brush--if you have an extra 1-2" paint brush lying around...very good for cleaning delicate things like our gaskets. I use a mild Dawn/water solution and really get them clean...don't forget underneath. Rinse off thoroughly and let thoroughly dry.

Then, apply the Gummi Pflege. Use the applicator foam 'and' squirt some into a small cup to use with your paint brush to treat the grooved part of your gasket to some of this rubber-healing solution. Apply liberally...let soak in. Run brush over to get a smooth covering. Let dry thoroughly before closing doors/hoods, etc. if you can. Enjoy gaskets that'll look like new even when they're hundreds of thousands of miles old. :)

People compliment me on my gaskets all the time. This could be you, too. :)

For more, please see my comedy diy vid on gummi application...coming out in 2-5 years maybe. :)

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Perfect! Have been eying my unobtanium 35yo Supra targa seals and wondering how best yo preserve them. Tx

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
27,242 Posts
wow it’s also apparently a cure all for wounds. squirt it in cut or broken bones. Gummi Pflege does it all!

thought that was only during a colonoscopy 🤫
Thank you...I have edited 'cut' to be 'cup'--I am ashamed of my spelling now!

...and, as I've said many, many times here...not to be taken or applied internally. It's not bleach. :)

Ladies really appreciate a well-treated gasket 'almost' wherever it is. Glad so many here are of the Gummi way. :)

·
Registered
2002 330ci auto
339 Posts
Pfledge allegiance?

As a side note, would the phlege also help out on the coupes windows and reduce a tiny bit of wind noise from the seals, or am i dreaming?
It will help the wind noise a bit.
Adjusting the window helps the wind noise a lot, you can find out how to do it in the bentley manual.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts