E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
All facelift coupe come with projector headlight for low beam, whether it is bi-xenon or halogen. So we can no longer tell if it is xenon by the projector. Howevery, the rim of the projector for xenon should say "adaptive xenon", or something close to that. So base on that picture,, I would say it is halogen.

eel

·
Site Sponsor
18,465 Posts
eelnoraa said:
All facelift coupe come with projector headlight for low beam, whether it is bi-xenon or halogen. So we can no longer tell if it is xenon by the projector. Howevery, the rim of the projector for xenon should say "adaptive xenon", or something close to that. So base on that picture,, I would say it is halogen.

eel
CORRECT.

·
1.888.JLEVISW
14,349 Posts
eelnoraa said:

eel
Just like Audi's

JL

·
There I was, Sicily, 1918..
2,594 Posts
Hard to tell what's going on since he's got some sort of cover in between the clear plastic and the lights. They certainly look like xenons, but could just as easily be a projector attached to the cover and placed in front of the halogen.

From the pattern I can see through the projector, I'm going to hazard a guess that they're halogens; this on top of the fact that the line on the projector should be at the halfway mark for an OEM xenon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts