BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I holla
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on a mission to buy silver wheel studs today, but couldn't find any so i just used my left over spray paint from the DIY silvervisions....i've only done one set, waiting for e46fan's stamp of approval, plus its a little raining outside.:eek:

pls don't move me to the W&T forum :bow: :bow:

·
Registered
401 Posts
They all look like different shades of silver. Just wait and buy the real things. you have some sweet ass wheels, so why do a half ass job:dunno:

·
I holla
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they look all different b/c 3 of the are the black oem studs and 1 is the cap of the oem wheel lock (which have been painted) and the other is the mcguad wheel look (which i didn't paint)....dang, does it really look that bad?? I was feeling quite proud of myself. :sad:

·
OO[][]OO
528 Posts
I would say pretty nice job thumb up, but (yeah there is all of the time one "but" ), but isn't it the paint will strip down after the first tightening ....

3C :)

Attachments

·
I holla
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
3c said:
I would say pretty nice job thumb up, but (yeah there is all of the time one "but" ), but isn't it the paint will strip down after the first tightening ....

3C :)
i thought it would strip off too, but only the sides of the stud are affected so it doesn't really affect the "silver" look. more opinions please. :D

·
I holla
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! i appreciate everyone's opinions. i'm going to paint the rest of them tomorrow. :thumbup:

·
PSHOPWERKS
4,579 Posts
Just do it...but I'd paint them RED instead, :D :D :lmao: :thumbup: :thumbup: . They look fine.

·
I holla
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol white would've been my choice, but i think that went far beyond the 'ghetto boundary' :lmao:

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,703 Posts
h heck, they loks great.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
looks nice. even better with the acs

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,835 Posts
:confused: :confused: I dunno, maybe you should paint the entire wheel to make it look like the lug nuts. :lmao: :lmao:

Looks good, definitly better that black lugs on that wheel! :thumbup: Oh and good call on 2 seperate wheel locks. Have you ever had any problems removing them? Do you think the paint will give you problems removing them in the future?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts