E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get new tires soon. Is this a good price?

Dunlop SP Sport 9000

(2) 235/35/19
(2) 265/30/19

Installed & out the door for $950?

I called tirerack and they said it would be $876 shipped but then I would probably have to pay $20 per wheel for installation. Plus, I don't know how I would take over tires to the place. I don't have much space in my trunk 'cause of my box. Does anybody know of a place that sells them for cheaper for tires & installation?

Real places and names please. Not just some place in OC or some shop in San Gabriel but I don't remember the name or have the phone number.

Thanks!

·
Registered
915 Posts
You are hard pressed to eat our shipping & tire pricing. Installation costs can & will vary, so you do need to shop around for installation.

Also we do not collect ou of state sales tax, so you need to be sure that cost is faactored in if buying locally.

call me if I can help!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some shady places in LA don't charge tax if you pay cash

Tirerack's prices are very good but it's the installation part that screws me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just start calling some local places and tell them what your plan is- that you need them just to install and balance. Don't forget to ask about the old tires - you may have to pay a "recycling" fee if you're dumping them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
$845, huh?

Which store? Most people who say they got something for their car for rock bottom prices are full of crap. Of course they never leave a store name or phone #, how convenient. Aside from people who have actual hookup, there is no credibility from these individuals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts