E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Network Analyst
3,469 Posts
Personally I don't trust anything off Ebay. If I were you I'd just get a Gruppe M or Benfer or something.

dave

·
SBBMotorwerks
534 Posts
I would stay away from something like this. The pieces in the pic dont look like the best quality. And you don't know about the fitment. According to the auction it fits "6-cylinder" BMWs....but the 330 for example, take a different size intake than the 323.

If you want an intake but dont want to spend alot, look for a member selling a benfer intake. The BenFer has been tested and the materials they use are great. I have one and love it!

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Let me just add that BMW engineers did quite a good job with the intake. They didn't just throw an airbox into the engine bay. They carefully designed it so that it draws air from high pressure areas outside the car such as the kidney grille and near the right side (viewed from the front) headlight. I recommend aftermarket intakes which take advantage of those good designs from the factory.

·
Banned
2,055 Posts
Can't go wrong with Dinan for $350.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts