E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pioneer NAV-SYS900DVD

Got a friend that has one on sale for $1,800. Its brand new just wondering if its a good deal and the quality of the system itself! Thx

Oh yeah almost forgot. Can i keep my steering wheel controls after i install this system??

And anyone out there know a good audio place in Dallas, TX area. Got my last job done at Car-Toys, its working but don't really like their quality of work!

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DVD player

SpeedinBlueBimmer said:
What is the thing on the right? A 2nd deck???
That is the actual DVD player. The player is separate from the screen. The screen itself has a CD player!
So what do you think??

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
There is one where the screen and DVD/CD/MP3/VCD drive is in one standard in dash unit. For about 1800 you can get a pionner brain, SaRCaSTic's screen, and a PS2 for videos/ games. Or you can get one of those Xenarc screens and a mini computer which can also do GPS

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah....but wondering if they are a good deal!

Dince the MSRP for this system is like $3,000 so I figured that if the guy is selling it for $1,800 mind as well get it even sell it if i don't like it.

What u think of Pioneer Systems in general??

·
Manwhore
2,517 Posts
SpeedinBlueBimmer said:
There is one where the screen and DVD/CD/MP3/VCD drive is in one standard in dash unit. For about 1800 you can get a pionner brain, SaRCaSTic's screen, and a PS2 for videos/ games. Or you can get one of those Xenarc screens and a mini computer which can also do GPS

One is the DVD/CD/MP3/VCD and the other is the navigation. Also, you dont have to put the navigation headunit into the dash, it can be mounted anywhere, so space is not an issue. Just the headunit with the screen goes in the dash.

Also that navigation is kick ass... also look into alpines. :thumbup:

·
Xpracer
190 Posts
the unit shown at the right of the pic is actually a dvd navi player.....it plays cd, cdr, mp3 and dvds. My advise is, be sure the in-dash monitor (P6400CD) can fit in ur dash properly.....i can't get mine fit in and pop out a lil bit..... you can check out the price at www.etronics.com

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
topaze46 said:
the unit shown at the right of the pic is actually a dvd navi player.....it plays cd, cdr, mp3 and dvds. My advise is, be sure the in-dash monitor (P6400CD) can fit in ur dash properly.....i can't get mine fit in and pop out a lil bit..... you can check out the price at www.etronics.com
So you mean you have it installed already? Do you have pics of it?? And what about the quality of the system itself??

·
Registered
5 Posts
if your lookin for a good place to install you can go to kb kustom his name is tony and his stuff use to be in dub mag or somethign liek that he does good work nad wont charge you a arm and a leg his shop is up in arlington

·
Banned
0 Posts
i just pickd up top clarion the 9??? what ever indash dvd ,touch etc, the new blk one, their top one for 2200$cdn!!!!!!!! you should buy in canada!! and ship

1 - 18 of 18 Posts