BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get a Dinan CAI and engine software for 1000.00 installed at an authorized Dinan dealer in California. I was wondering if this is a good deal. Dinan list each item at 399.00. So his labor and tax is only 200.00. Also, since Dinan is authorized by BMW it will not void any warranty. My first goal was the GruppeM CAI, but since it is not covered, everytime I goal to the dealer I would then have to remove it and installed the OEM filter. Don't have the time to do it everytime.

Will I notice any difference in Torque and HP with the Dinan CAI and software. Next would be an exhaust, but still deciding on which one....:huh:

TIA.....

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,833 Posts
CrazyBimmer said:
my dealer doesnt say anything about my gruppeM
Same here.
As far as the price it seems about right for a Dinan Dealer, used would be cheaper(for the CAI) but if you are going for the Dinan badge they probably require they do the install for new parts only

·
Registered
350 Posts
i think that's about what i paid for my intake and stage 1 & 2. u needa pay for the stage 1 to get the stage 2 free, and the labor for only the dl is half hr. so... 200 dollars for labor is alright, and 1000 for total sounds about rite... btw, i think u can get 10% off if u join bmwcca

·
Registered
210 Posts
Eric.. mon... just save your money for an M3... hehehe.. you know i would say something like that... But..hey. it's the love of modding. I ain't mad at ya...

·
Addicted to Autocross
1,327 Posts
Price Sounds Right

Yea, I think that's about right - that is using the Dinan retail prices. I've seen alot of Dinan CAIs for sale. Perhaps you can find a used one and then hook up with someone here for a cheaper install. The software you'd have to get from the Dinan dealer. You should get Stage 1 software for $399 and then Stage II should be free with the CAI (or maybe $100 upgrade I can't remember for sure). Something like that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts