BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this may be an annoying newbie questions, and I'm sorry if it is, but are there any good aftermarket cd changers that will plug into the factory prewiring and can be controlled by the OEM headunit? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
589 Posts
There are a few companies that make adapters that will allow you to use aftermarket CD changers with the factory head unit and pre-wiring. Soundgate and Blitzsafe make adapters that will allow you to plug in Alpine CD changers (which are very popular), but there are also other adapters that will work with other aftermarket changers.

The I.C.E. forum is a good source of information...

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=22

·
Registered
849 Posts
bnl107 said:
I know this may be an annoying newbie questions, and I'm sorry if it is, but are there any good aftermarket cd changers that will plug into the factory prewiring and can be controlled by the OEM headunit? Thanks for your help.
I purchased a Pioneer off the web and an adapter from Crutchfield. It is plug and play and you can control it with your steering wheel just like the OEM.

I then purchased the trunk liner from the dealer. The install is clean and I saved over half the price of the dealer install.

I can't recall the Pioneer model but it is specific.

I can get the detail if you want.

Ciao

1 - 4 of 4 Posts