BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a link to a place where I can get a wood trim steering wheel to match the myrtle trim in the rest of the car ? My friend's SAAB has this and it looks very sharp. I have a 2004 330 CiC. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
By the way, "R1man1963", you wouldn't happen to ride an R1 along with the 330 Ci Vert, would you? The name kind of states that! Anyways, I ride a 2002 Titanium, Silver R1! Nice BIke!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
398 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bro', I think my car already has an M3 steering wheel since I ordered the sport package, nothing so great about it to me unless I am missing something. If I do not have it already then why would I want it when I don;t have an M3 ????

idoc330ci said:
Dude...drop the wood steering wheel idea and just get an M3 steering wheel :str8pimpi
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,355 Posts
R1man1963 said:
Bro', I think my car already has an M3 steering wheel since I ordered the sport package, nothing so great about it to me unless I am missing something. If I do not have it already then why would I want it when I don;t have an M3 ????

Try not to take any offense, it was just my $0.02 :)

I don't think you have an M steering wheel since you didn't get the performance package(ZHP). You have the normal 3 spoke telescopic steering wheel. You don't have to have an M3 to get the M steering wheel, it's part of the ZHP package. Dude have you seen the M steeing wheel? What's not to like about it. It has a better feel since it's thicker and slightly shorter and is wrapped with alcantara(suede like feel) :drool: But this is just my opinion here...each his own :thumbup: Good luck with whatever you decide to do :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
Yes, there's a myrtle wood trim 3series sport wheel.

There's a guy who has a website on retrofiting 3series wheels with paddles. On his website he sells the steering wheels with paddles and the myrtlewood trim. Looks very very nice.

I can't find the freakin site though. :(

Just thought i'd post this, maybe someone knows what site i'm talking about.
If you do find it, please post a reply here. i'm very interested.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
http://www.bmw-paddleshift-retro.com/

duhrr .

if you click on products, then the E46 link under the 'SSG Paddle-Shift Retrofit' section, you'll see a link '3-spoke M sport steering wheel Leather and Myrtle wood trim'
(not pasting urls because the site uses frames)

Looks like the guy has all sorts of wheels and inserts. Maybe we can swing some sort of GB for the myrtle wood trim alone ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmmmm I will check that out,thanks, I wasn;t taking offense at all. Appreciate everyone's ideas !!



idoc330ci said:
Try not to take any offense, it was just my $0.02 :)

I don't think you have an M steering wheel since you didn't get the performance package(ZHP). You have the normal 3 spoke telescopic steering wheel. You don't have to have an M3 to get the M steering wheel, it's part of the ZHP package. Dude have you seen the M steeing wheel? What's not to like about it. It has a better feel since it's thicker and slightly shorter and is wrapped with alcantara(suede like feel) :drool: But this is just my opinion here...each his own :thumbup: Good luck with whatever you decide to do :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
great site, but, I don;t need paddles, I just want the wheel and it costs like $850 or more ??? I am out lol !!



blastin said:
http://www.bmw-paddleshift-retro.com/

duhrr .

if you click on products, then the E46 link under the 'SSG Paddle-Shift Retrofit' section, you'll see a link '3-spoke M sport steering wheel Leather and Myrtle wood trim'
(not pasting urls because the site uses frames)

Looks like the guy has all sorts of wheels and inserts. Maybe we can swing some sort of GB for the myrtle wood trim alone ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
R1man1963 said:
great site, but, I don;t need paddles, I just want the wheel and it costs like $850 or more ??? I am out lol !!
Yeah I understand, but since he puts the wheels together, I thought maybe he'd be willing to sell just the trim alone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
If you order the trim for the steering wheel through the dealer. They won't sell just the trim part, you have to get the whole wheel. It was something like $800 dollars CDN. Well that's what my dealer told me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it really does look nice. As I said my friend with the SAAB has it and it looks absolutely great. There must be a solution to this without spending $ 800


egalley said:
If you order the trim for the steering wheel through the dealer. They won't sell just the trim part, you have to get the whole wheel. It was something like $800 dollars CDN. Well that's what my dealer told me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
hmmm i think i found something:
Part #: 32 30 1 097 222

I believe that is the wood 'cover' for the sports steering wheel.
Can someone with some sort of catalog verify this?
 

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
Joined
·
48,236 Posts
blastin said:
http://www.bmw-paddleshift-retro.com/

duhrr .

if you click on products, then the E46 link under the 'SSG Paddle-Shift Retrofit' section, you'll see a link '3-spoke M sport steering wheel Leather and Myrtle wood trim'
(not pasting urls because the site uses frames)

Looks like the guy has all sorts of wheels and inserts. Maybe we can swing some sort of GB for the myrtle wood trim alone ?
Haha that's my M3 SSG steering wheel that I purchased for my friend! Now I have it in my car since he didnt accept it. Too bad I already sold the wood piece that was customly made to fit the M3 wheel and replaced it with the original M3 steering wheel trim.

egalley said:
If you order the trim for the steering wheel through the dealer. They won't sell just the trim part, you have to get the whole wheel. It was something like $800 dollars CDN. Well that's what my dealer told me.
This is not true!

You can purchase the myrtle wood steering wheel trim separately from the dealership. When I ordered it it was on backorder and I waited about 3 weeks for it.
 

·
Para-Magic
Joined
·
686 Posts
wood trim wheels

google search for Victor sport wheels. they are a european company and they make wood trim wheels. they use the original bmw carcass and build up the wheel on that, so it still functions as a stock wheel but has the custom look.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top