BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am thinking of getting Hamann sides. Should I also get the Hamann rear?

·
'a certain moderator'
38,245 Posts
if u are talking about the height off the ground, then YES, the hamann sides will be low, and ur rear will still be stock height? it might look a tad funny :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Would the Hamann GTR sides look better with the stock sp rear? Or should I just get the OG Hamann sides and rear? :dunno:

And yes I already have clears........... :flipoff: Just havent taken any new pics with them installed :D

·
Registered
421 Posts
hamann sides are very low so you must get the front and rears

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK........but are the new GTR sides as low as the old ones? Can I get away with Mtech front, GTR sides and stock sp rear?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mdowg10 said:
Dennis H I like your tint, what kind is it?

Sorry no tint at all. I think it is just that angle I took the picture and the shade in my area. :D :eeps:

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Dennis H said:
OK........but are the new GTR sides as low as the old ones? Can I get away with Mtech front, GTR sides and stock sp rear?
I assume the gtr sides are lower than those two mentioned.

·
Banned
1,104 Posts
GTR sides are low but not as low as old hamann ones... When my rear bumper cracked i had the front and sides on only and it looked funny without a back... it makes it look like your ass is stickin up in the air... definately go hamann all around IMO... cant go wrong with that... as far as pickin GTR or regular sides, both are low and look good so its a toss up... check out my gallery if you wanna see how low GTR sides are ...

·
LinuxGeek
252 Posts
check out my gallery if you wanna see how low GTR sides are ...
...or stop your car one block away from your house and compare with my GTRs :yikes:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lucas said:

...or stop your car one block away from your house and compare with my GTRs :yikes:

Lucas....I'll take you up on that one of these days :thumbup: ...just been really busy..... Where did you get your bodykit installed at?

·
LinuxGeek
252 Posts
Dennis H said:

Lucas....I'll take you up on that one of these days :thumbup: ...just been really busy..... Where did you get your bodykit installed at?

I did it by myself on my driveway.:D

·
The G.O.A.T. is Baccckkkkk!
4,269 Posts
The Hamann sides are dramitically lower than the OEM rear or front i definately wouldn't recommend doing them unless you had the full add on , GTR or Competition kit...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone for the replies. I guess I will wait until Hamann makes an add-on rear for the facelift before I think about getting sides.......... Hmm maybe I'll just go with ACS sides and ACS rear add-on ... damn it cant decide :banghead: I really want to put a sides and rear on but cant decide...... Any other suggestions for sides and rear to go with Mtech front? ? ? ?

Maybe I'll just put a hold on a kit and get some rims HRE 448R or HRE 441R :smokin:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey Craig, nice car! What kind of rear bumper is that? What kind of modifications did you have to make to get the dual exhaust setup?

Thanks!

·
The G.O.A.T. is Baccckkkkk!
4,269 Posts
fadegs said:
Hey Craig, nice car! What kind of rear bumper is that? What kind of modifications did you have to make to get the dual exhaust setup?

Thanks!
Thanx man it's a Hamann GTR rear bumper with quad exhaust cut outs. The exhaust was fully custom made stainless steel crossover pipe and tips by Borla East in northern NJ it started out as a standard UUC TSE2. :thumbup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts