E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I'm new to this whole forum thing but I figured It would be the best place to get the best answers. I decided that I was going to get to know my 330i a little better and remove some simple parts from the engine bay, the air intake and filter and engine covers to see what lies beneath it all. When I took the air filter box off I noticd that there were two lines that look like they come from my radiator positioned one atop the other both look as though they have been cut off. the top hose has a 90 degree bend pointing up and the hose on the bottom is cut as close to the metal end as possible. Is there suppose to be something at the end of these hoses? I also noticed that coming from the rear of my alternator is what looks like and air port that runs under the main frame of the engine bay but is not connected to anything. Should there be anything there? Any help would be much appreciated.-- Jack :eek:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Im not sure what hoses you may be talking about? But on my 330 there is a duct that runs from the front lower valance up to the alternator. Im assuming for cooling purposes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.