BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
you would be missing

power seats, rain sensing wipers, leather(unless u get it as an option) moonroof, armrest, wood trim, and a bunch of other totally useless stuff.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so, is it worth getting it or just get the Moonroof?

Titanium Silver with Black Leather
AT
Moon Roof
Sport Package
Xenon

·
I've got what plants crave.
1,478 Posts
hahahaah.....a $35,000 "luxury/performance" car that requires you to check an option box just to get an armrest.....that's f*cked up:lmao:

·
Registered
374 Posts
auto headlights also comes w/ the PP. Also, the On board computer, which you need if you want Nav.

One thing not mentioned - I think it adds to resale value - it's always advertised on CPO cars and such.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I'd get it, but it's really a personal decision. Look at what it comes with (on the bmw web site or in the 3-series brochure), and see what of the items you want. Compare the price of buying these items a la carte, or just buying the package.

BTW, the sport package is mandatory---it is not a personal decision. (IMHO.)

·
Owner
4,057 Posts
On a 325, I definitely think PP's worth it. On a 330, you can get by getting just a sunroof and sticking with leatherette...cuz armrest, power seats, on-board computer, etc are all standard on 330s.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
to the original poster:

it's all about what you need in a car. If you don't care about power seats, armrest and stuff (which I think for a car that is $30K it's kinda sad) then go for that sports look and just get the Sports package - you'll have less features than a civic but kudos to you.

On the other hand, I agree with choson1 in what he said, it's definitely worth it, especially if you decide on a 325.

·
Registered
652 Posts
get the sports package/premium & sunroof.. make sure u get heated seats 2

·
E46-free since 10-13-06
5,344 Posts
I think the wood trim is dog-ass ugly.

My 323Ci doesn't have the PP but it has an armrest and ob computer. I don't remember paying extra for those.

I got the sport package, sunroof, and heated seats. I think those were the only options on my car. Don't make me dig up my window sticker...

·
Registered
374 Posts
I just think you've got a problem when you go to resell a 35k retail car that doesn't come w/ power seats.

I got it and am very glad I did. I could do w/o the auto dimming and the OBC though.

·
Are we there yet??
6,803 Posts
depends on the car, on my 323 it was definetly worth it, memory seats, upgraded interior lighting ( i know but I like it) moonroof, auto dimming mirror, wood. On the new models it might not be worth it because alot more comes standard now. I think the SP is a must, and just get the other options as addons.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I didn't choose PP because I don't want wood trim but like titanium trim so much, instead I bought the items individually: power seat and moon roof. Now I regret not getting auto dimming mirror. Those freaking SUVs blind me here!

·
HartgE46
800 Posts
als said:
I didn't choose PP because I don't want wood trim but like titanium trim so much, instead I bought the items individually: power seat and moon roof. Now I regret not getting auto dimming mirror. Those freaking SUVs blind me here!
Exactly... that's the only option I miss and it probably can be added pretty easily.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts