BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having this problem that when i use 1 touch close button, moonroof stops about 3 inches before it closes and reverses then stops at half way. It did it this constantly for 3 days now it is on and off. Is this covered in CPO warranty. I took the car to dealer for this before and they said they couldnt replicate it and just put grease on the tracks(which didnt do anything). I don't want them to do the same thing I want it fixed not oiled since I am close to end of my warranty. I am sure if It wasnt under warranty they would tell me somethings have to be replaced. Does anyone experienced this problem and had it fixed under warranty?

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,183 Posts
yes it is covered

bring it in to you dealer. that should be covered in fact i know it is
covered under the warrenty.
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did anyone got this repaired? What did you have to do? Mine does this off and on and as soon as I pull up to dealer it starts working and they say there is nothing wrong with it. How can I force them to fix or replace it. I know they are not gonna say nothing wrong with it once I run out of my warranty

·
Registered
31 Posts
Should be covered. I had the same problem, I was told they need to reprogram the switch?? No idea what that means, but they have to press the button for about 20 seconds with the key in pos. 1 and yada yada yada. They told me it was fixed and I still have the same problem. Just keep pushing them and make sure they log it.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got it fixed finally. They had to replace the entire system to fix it on the 4th visit

1st visit greased tracks -- NOPE
2nd visit updated software -- NOPE
3rd visit changed motor -- NOPE
4th visit rip the head liner & replace the entire system -- YES !

All this without paying a dime, PRICELESS!

·
E46-free since 10-13-06
5,353 Posts
gokcer said:
I got it fixed finally. They had to replace the entire system to fix it on the 4th visit

1st visit greased tracks -- NOPE
2nd visit updated software -- NOPE
3rd visit changed motor -- NOPE
4th visit rip the head liner & replace the entire system -- YES !

All this without paying a dime, PRICELESS!
Didn't you have to pay the $50 CPO deductible?

·
Registered
107 Posts
gokcer said:
I am having this problem that when i use 1 touch close button, moonroof stops about 3 inches before it closes and reverses then stops at half way. It did it this constantly for 3 days now it is on and off. Is this covered in CPO warranty. I took the car to dealer for this before and they said they couldnt replicate it and just put grease on the tracks(which didnt do anything). I don't want them to do the same thing I want it fixed not oiled since I am close to end of my warranty. I am sure if It wasnt under warranty they would tell me somethings have to be replaced. Does anyone experienced this problem and had it fixed under warranty?

i have the same problem... i just recently took it in and they said they couldn't find anything wrong and oiled and adjusted it and charged me for it... then 1 day later it does it to me 5 times in the same day :thumbdwn: let me know what you tell them to get it fixed...

·
Registered
172 Posts
spifster007 said:
i have the same problem... i just recently took it in and they said they couldn't find anything wrong and oiled and adjusted it and charged me for it... then 1 day later it does it to me 5 times in the same day :thumbdwn: let me know what you tell them to get it fixed...
Mine does this too...but I hate my dealership so much it's easier to just hold the button down and deal with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts