1,533 Posts
This for real?
Hood, bumper, and it will be as good as new

·
Shifting
30,198 Posts
This for real?
Hood, bumper, and it will be as good as new
Looks like the frame between the hood and the bumper (above the grills) is damaged so looks like structure. Also the fenders on the front tips are lifted up a bit.

·
Premium Member
4,317 Posts
Can't tell from just one pic-
Jake may very well be right, but a driver's side profile would
help.

Certainly likely it's an insurance total- panels and paint for
an entire nose come close to what an E90's worth these days.
If there's anything more damaged, yeah, it'll be done.

t

·
Registered
2016 M235i 6-spd
26,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can't tell from just one pic-
Jake may very well be right, but a driver's side profile would
help.

Certainly likely it's an insurance total- panels and paint for
an entire nose come close to what an E90's worth these days.
If there's anything more damaged, yeah, it'll be done.

t

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 330CI 6spd
607 Posts
Ouch! The front looks pretty bent up. I'm gonna say it's totalled unfortunately.

• Headlight
  • Hood
  • Bumper
  • fender
  • Rad
  • Condensor
  • Rad support structure
  • possible engine damage
  • paint work

If it's not totalled you could paint the whole car green!

·
Registered
2016 M235i 6-spd
26,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ouch! The front looks pretty bent up. I'm gonna say it's totalled unfortunately.

• Headlight
  • Hood
  • Bumper
  • fender
  • Rad
  • Condensor
  • Rad support structure
  • possible engine damage
  • paint work

If it's not totalled you could paint the whole car green!
Thank you! Key will be value of car...cheapest comparable is $27,500...manual 'should' add value. We'll see. I know it's repairable if rails aren't bent, and if engine is ok...stopped soon after I got a warning. It still starts and goes (up my driveway. :) )

·
Registered
Orient Blue Metallic 2/2001 build 330ci coupe
198 Posts
Damn, this sucks man. F**kin deer.

I have a friend that owns a body shop on Long Island and he's sent a few photos of claims to us in a group chat that scared me away from new cars. Depending on how many sensors/electrical components that got crunked ON TOP of the body work...yeesh.

·
Registered
2004 330ci 6MT (since 2011). 2000 328i T 5MT (2005-2012)
1,480 Posts
Presumably they total cars in the States the same way they write-off cars here - if the repair estimate is even close to (their idea of) the pre-accident value of your car then the insurance company will declare it a total loss? Mine was written off for a slightly dented bootlid and smashed rear light when I was rear-ended in traffic, because the repair estimate came in at over twice what they said the car was worth. And you could hardly see the damage compared to dmax's. So, yes, that looks totalled to me. But totalled doesn't mean unrepairable, instead you buy it back from the insurance company and repair it yourself.

·
Premium Member
2002 330 Ci
2,735 Posts
Everything is fixable and that is easy fixable for someone like me.

The question should be..... If insurance says it's total loss, how much should they pay me?

I got 7,760 dollars last month for my e53 when it was hit by a red light runner.

The damage could have been fixed by me easily for under 1k. I already had a donor vehicle to pull what I needed. But.... being the insurance gave me very close what I asked for. They can have it.

Still sucks though. I really liked it.

So.... Anyway. What is the value of those on the high end? Search. Compile evidence. I sent the insurance company over a dozen m54b30 e53 examples that were being sold for over 8k. Plus my invoices of all the parts I bought.

If you like the car.....argue to have them pay you to fix it. If it's gonna cost close to value to fix at least argue the highest value you can get before they take it.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts