E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a UUC ssk EVO3 for a xi from inside the car only. Removing the circle clip I think may be possible from the inside with a long flat head screwdriver and holding onto it with angled long needle nose. Holding onto the selector rod with bail wire, so I can pull it back onto the shift lever. And using angled snap ring pliers and long angled needle nose to put the circle clip back onto the bottom of the shift lever. What do you think... the xi kit only has the lever, and ERK, which I should be able to screw the six screws from the top. It doesn't have a new weighted selector rod to install...am I nuts to try this install from the inside only?? :dunno:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Jon02-330xi said:
a UUC ssk EVO3 for a xi from inside the car only. Removing the circle clip I think may be possible from the inside with a long flat head screwdriver and holding onto it with angled long needle nose. Holding onto the selector rod with bail wire, so I can pull it back onto the shift lever. And using angled snap ring pliers and long angled needle nose to put the circle clip back onto the bottom of the shift lever. What do you think... the xi kit only has the lever, and ERK, which I should be able to screw the six screws from the top. It doesn't have a new weighted selector rod to install...am I nuts to try this install from the inside only?? :dunno:
prolly a lot easier to reach around the pipes...i had to replace the circlips on my shifter due to them popping off some how...i just jacked my car up on the right side and slid my happy ass underneath and fiddled with it for awhile til i got it on...the damn yellow washers along with the clip are a beyatch g'luck going topside

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your sig is sweeet...is that a poster of the M3/Z8/chick or a picture??

Hey...if you mind me asking your signature is really cool :pimpin: Can you buy that in a poster??? I have been looking for a cool BMW poster and your sig captures what I like...M3/Z8/ and a hot chick :thumbup:

·
Registered
86 Posts
youre gonna have yourself a pretty rough time. i have that kit and you need to get under the car i think. that six screw thing is damn near impossible to, its much easier if you just take the whole thing out....

Jon02-330xi said:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.