BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would removing the front bumper be required? any cutting of any sort? or is it just plug and play

·
Registered
703 Posts
DropTopBM said:
would removing the front bumper be required? any cutting of any sort? or is it just plug and play
Yes you must remove the bumper.

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
7,162 Posts
You need to remove the front bumper and trim the driver side brake duct. A good shop should be able to do it in 1.5-2.0 hours.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the **** is i dont wanna wait until early FEB for the GRUPPE M.... i think thats probably what im going to end up doing anyway, but i would much rather get something now.... what about the ECIS or Jim Conforti intakes --- are those as easy to install as the Gruppe M and hows the sound

·
'a certain moderator'
38,139 Posts
why not wait for the gruppeM? from what i have been hearing, sounds like its worth the wait!

-brendan

·
Registered
374 Posts
wait. you get more gains. costs a little more, but the install is DIY and you get the additional HP. I'm waiting for the GruppeM.

·
Registered
440 Posts
hey dudes, I don't believe that you need to remove the bumper at all, even with xenons.

what I think you can do is simply turn the steering wheel full left and then remove the forward portion of the inner fender splash shiled. you should be alble to reach the xenon balast screws through the opening. you may need to jack the car up at the left front (put it on a jack stand) to give you more working room.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I just got mine from Samir Rennsport!! :thumbup:
Last time i asked him he said he still has about 8 more left!!
Email him about it maybe you will get lucky!!:D

·
Registered
789 Posts
uh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh DropTop is finnaly getting performance modssssss no more astehic, i can just imagine him crusiing through new york with his pimp system playing the song: "MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE B1TCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! GET OUTTA THE WAAY"

yea anyways i dun think u need to remove the front bumper

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
DBX said:
uh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh DropTop is finnaly getting performance modssssss no more astehic, i can just imagine him crusiing through new york with his pimp system playing the song: "MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE B1TCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! GET OUTTA THE WAAY"

yea anyways i dun think u need to remove the front bumper

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I ordered the Gruppe M already :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts